Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2018, 07:17:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

96952 Posts in 12726 Topics by 2130 Members
Latest Member: dodgedartgt
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Boost & Spray (Moderators: hemifever, adamsredlines, Richie)  |  Topic: WHAT SIZE INTERCOOLER DO I BUY??? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT SIZE INTERCOOLER DO I BUY???  (Read 2883 times)
bubbadog4x4
Bionic Newbie

« on: November 04, 2009, 09:31:24 AM »

Any help would be great guys i have a jeep 5.9 with some mods and have a powerdyne set-up coming and i am going with a intercooler set-up instead of meth want to stand out atliitle lol..now with the space so limited on the front i know im going to have to cut and fab it in but what size would LOOK AND WORK the best?? would a pluming kit be asking to much for to lol...

Rick James b*tch!...........
DakFink
Bionic Master

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 06:28:44 PM »

UMMM?

Not to be too negative. But the powerdyne isn't going to make enough boost to justify even the smallest intercooler.

Granted any Intercooling is better than none even if not really needed.

Also IT has been done a few times with Vortechs, Paxtons and Turbos. BUT good Luck finding a Kit!!  Probably be better off getting with someone or using e-bay and piecing the pipes together yourself.

I'm personally more fond of the Air-to-Water Intercoolers. But even that would be a trick to get in a Jeep. (Damn Things just have No Room).

Look up CXRacing on E-bay. They have a pretty decent selection of Intercoolers Cheap. I have 2 of them myslef. Another member showed me to them said he has only seen one of them fail at over 25psi.

Mopar or No-Car!!!!

Current rides:
1999 Dakota R/T Solar Yellow
1999 Dakota R/T Flame Red
2004 Ram 3500 Cummins
2006 Mercedes Benz R500
2009 Challenger SRT-8

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block!!!
Bad_Banana
Banana!
Bionic Master

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:48:58 AM »

meth injection is another route you can consider.

I like taco's, chipotle burrito's, and HOT sauce!

Video at idle: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/bondslayer33/?action=view&current=IMG_0466.mp4

1-2-3 shift burn out :http://s171.photobucket.c
bubbadog4x4
Bionic Newbie

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 03:21:35 PM »

Ya im all over a devils owned stage 2 kit powerdyne was not my first choice but with a fresh rebuild polised and a good price i jumped on it...But to say a powerdyne is not even worth a inter-cooler is a but much bro

Rick James b*tch!...........
joeytvr
Site Sponsor
Bionic Senior

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 06:59:24 AM »

under 6 to 8 psi it is not needed. With the powerdyne wich i think would max at 6psi you may get 4psi using a intercooler. that thing flows no air.....lol

meth if you really want something like said above
Bad_Banana
Banana!
Bionic Master

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »

Consider a turbo? You'll get a true psi out of it.

I like taco's, chipotle burrito's, and HOT sauce!

Video at idle: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/bondslayer33/?action=view&current=IMG_0466.mp4

1-2-3 shift burn out :http://s171.photobucket.c
DakFink
Bionic Master

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 02:41:21 AM »

Ya im all over a devils owned stage 2 kit powerdyne was not my first choice but with a fresh rebuild polised and a good price i jumped on it...But to say a powerdyne is not even worth a inter-cooler is a but much bro

Sometimes the TRUTH is a bit MUCH!!

Hate to break it to you but there is a reason that it was freshly re-built.  They run a Belt internally, not gears like all the other Centrifugal S/C. They belt tends to break quite often when you try to push over 6-8psi boost.

I personally know of several Vortechs that have been run for 3-4 yrs and 60,000+ miles with no issues and making 10-12psi boost. Mine being 1.  Vortech T-Trim.

Like Bondslayer said!! If you got a few extra $$$ look at getting one of KRC's Tuner Turbo kits. Caution though, you will need someone to weld up the piping for you. Any decent mufflershop should be able to handle it.

Mopar or No-Car!!!!

Current rides:
1999 Dakota R/T Solar Yellow
1999 Dakota R/T Flame Red
2004 Ram 3500 Cummins
2006 Mercedes Benz R500
2009 Challenger SRT-8

Hot rodder rule of thumb....every $1 invested in head flow is roughly worth $3 in the short block!!!
Hemi345
Bionic Newbie

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 12:06:38 PM »

powerdyne Uh oh sorry bro But these guys are correct.
B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 08:45:21 AM »

Classic thread of the day - good question from a few years back.

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 02:21:34 AM »

I remember working on his Jeep all the time.

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Boost & Spray (Moderators: hemifever, adamsredlines, Richie)  |  Topic: WHAT SIZE INTERCOOLER DO I BUY??? « previous next »
Jump to: