Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 16, 2017, 08:05:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search

94755 Posts in 11583 Topics by 2095 Members
Latest Member: twalsh
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com | Bionic Tech | Jeeps Are Mopars Too (Moderators: Trav1s, Richie) | Topic: '04 Grand Cherokee Columbia 4.7 HO 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: '04 Grand Cherokee Columbia 4.7 HO (Read 22050 times)
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Reply #120 on: January 25, 2016, 06:04:12 AM

Holy crap when did these stay being made?!?!? I've been wanting headers forever

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
Trav1s
You can call me "Rev"
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Saint and Sinner

Reply #121 on: January 25, 2016, 12:36:49 PM

Holy crap when did these stay being made?!?!? I've been wanting headers forever

Showed up in a post a month ago on one of the Jeep forums.  Kolak can get them cheaper than DT's site shows them.  So much want...

Driver - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Columbia Edition 4.7 HO
Toys - Two different 1968 Plymouth Sport Furys - both 383/auto in pieces for a while
"Seek or not, God is there" - Carl Jung
Trav1s
You can call me "Rev"
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Saint and Sinner

Reply #122 on: April 10, 2016, 02:59:24 AM

Another quick update on the WJ.  Currently showing 137790 miles after 3 weeks sitting out of commission due to no brakes.  Fortunately I have been borrowing a '03 Laredo 4.slo from a member of the church until I could get the parts to do the repair.  Ordered a new master cylinder at Napa for $90 (I am done with reman stuff) and my dad and I installed it yesterday.  The piston in the old piece would move easily and turn without much resistance.  The new piece was very different.  After a bench bleed and install, we bled the lines and found air in both of the rears.  Gotta say, this is the best the brakes have felt since I picked it up 4 years ago.

Speaking of that, here are the repairs/upgrades that I can think of since I have had it.
- Bilstein socks
- UpCountry springs and new spring isolators
- New front and rear lower control arms
- Radiator
- JK wheels and Cooper Discoverer AT3 tires
- Weathertech vent shades
- Mopar floor mats
- PML trans pan
- Autometer oil pressure and trans temp gauges
- Various different radios (currently an Alpine CDA-9847)
- front pads and rotors

Still on the to-do list:
- replace upper a-arm center ball joint and outer bushings (on the shelf but need a press)
- install 3" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler and resonator

Toys - Two different 1968 Plymouth Sport Furys - both 383/auto in pieces for a while
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

Reply #123 on: April 10, 2016, 04:19:21 AM

gonna be in IL anytime soon? Got a press right here in the garage
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Reply #124 on: April 12, 2016, 02:30:08 PM

Glad you got it going.

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
Trav1s
You can call me "Rev"
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Saint and Sinner

Reply #125 on: April 12, 2016, 05:10:52 PM

Worked on the WJ today but did not make the progress I hoped.  It seems the Columbia Edition package creates confusion with parts departments.  Dad picked up a new bumper skin in December and when we went to install it today it was a textured taupe Laredo bumper cover.  The grill he picked up also needs painted which I will do myself with some rattle cans.  I also need to pick up another headlight and some mounting clips.  I will get some pics of what we found tomorrow. 

Trav1s
You can call me "Rev"
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Saint and Sinner

Reply #126 on: May 03, 2016, 12:32:18 PM

Talked to dad last Friday and the correct bumper cover and paint have been secured.  My cousin will take care of the paint work and dad will bring the cover out on the next trip. 

Also faced with some decisions in my life in light of little one's arrival.  Decided to upgrade the wife's daily driver and her 2000 Nissan Maxima becomes my daily.  Once the cover is installed the WJ will go up for sale.  Funds will be used to make some necessary repairs on the Maxima and hopefully get the white Fury in paint sooner than later.  As much as I love the WJ, c bodies are my first love and I am lost without one. 

donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

Reply #127 on: May 04, 2016, 12:44:29 PM

youll be sorry... keep the Jeep and sell the maxima...
Trav1s
You can call me "Rev"
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Saint and Sinner

Reply #128 on: March 10, 2017, 01:38:35 AM

Wow it has been almost a year.  Still have the Jeep and the Maxima and plan to keep both of them. Values have dropped on both to the point I would be giving them away and they are worth more to me as drivers.

Update on the Jeep since the last post includes the following repairs:
- New Cooper Discoverer AT3 in December
- left front brake caliper (both have been replaced as of now)
- new battery (the Napa unit installed in November of 2013 died when the Jeep sat for 2 weeks in the garage)
- still need to find time to install the 3" exhaust and Magnaflow resonator and muffler

Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Reply #129 on: March 10, 2017, 08:55:36 AM

Glad you kept it.  I really thought you sold it awhile back.

Trav1s
You can call me "Rev"
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Saint and Sinner

Reply #130 on: March 10, 2017, 12:38:05 PM

I was close but kept finding excuses.  My wife seem to find her own list of excuses too. 

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print
Bionicdodge.Com | Bionic Tech | Jeeps Are Mopars Too (Moderators: Trav1s, Richie) | Topic: '04 Grand Cherokee Columbia 4.7 HO « previous next »
Jump to: