Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

94915 Posts in 11609 Topics by 2104 Members
Latest Member: sarathesmith2
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Video & Pics (Moderators: hemifever, jusdeez)  |  Topic: The wife's new Mopar........ 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The wife's new Mopar........  (Read 5009 times)
Btwilkjr
Bionic Senior

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 02:03:05 AM »

Oh man, I know the feeling as we traded our Honda Pilot (which I didn't care for much) for a Chrysler Town and Country. Which is now our family vehicle, so I'm coming up with every excuse to stay home now. Wife loves it though so I guess that's all that matters for now until she wants something else.
Magnumman, you could always put that 408 in the van, with a Harley license plate on the front and a sticker that reads "my other car is a challenger" on the back and then call it your "man van".  Lol

02 Ram 1500 4x4 QCSB extensive lift mods and offroad equipment
95 Ram 2500 4x4 ECSB 48" Tires 15"lift 440ci fi big block
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 02:51:40 AM »

Magnumman, you could always put that 408 in the van, with a Harley license plate on the front and a sticker that reads "my other car is a challenger" on the back and then call it your "man van".  Lol
Laughing Chris might end up with some fellas after him calling it the "Man Van".  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 02:52:26 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

jusdeez
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Easily worth 2 in teh bush...

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2012, 03:54:51 AM »

Lol sweet..

I went into Walmart yesterday and i went into the dressing rooms, sat there, and then yelled \\\"I\\\'M OUT OF TOILET PAPER!\\\"
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »

Magnumman, you could always put that 408 in the van, with a Harley license plate on the front and a sticker that reads "my other car is a challenger" on the back and then call it your "man van".  Lol
Laughing Chris might end up with some fellas after him calling it the "Man Van".   

Wow thats funny! LOL
I guess its a good thing Im not a Chicago Cubs fan because a MAN VAN would likely attract a lot of awkward attention in that neighborhood "wrigleyville".

Theres actually a funny story "well a couple funny stories" about that neighborhood because I was assigned to that area "wrigleyville" to do telecom work when I first started working for Ameritech "now called at&t".  It was culture shock for me to say the least as I grew up around corn fields. If this topic continues in this direction I may have to share those "funny stories" here...... There not your every day funny stories but they are not offensive either.

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2012, 07:22:49 AM »

Wow thats funny! LOL
I guess its a good thing Im not a Chicago Cubs fan because a MAN VAN would likely attract a lot of awkward attention in that neighborhood "wrigleyville".

Theres actually a funny story "well a couple funny stories" about that neighborhood because I was assigned to that area "wrigleyville" to do telecom work when I first started working for Ameritech "now called at&t".  It was culture shock for me to say the least as I grew up around corn fields. If this topic continues in this direction I may have to share those "funny stories" here...... There not your every day funny stories but they are not offensive either.
I'm almost afraid to ask.   Razz

donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:21 AM »

I'm almost afraid to ask.   Razz [/quote]

thats what I was thinking too
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2012, 12:59:38 PM »

I'm almost afraid to ask.   Razz

thats what I was thinking too
[/quote]

its nothing like that

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2012, 01:56:17 PM »

its nothing like that
Now you're just building up the suspense. 

Btwilkjr
Bionic Senior

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »

Thats like the "whatever you do don't look...." or "don't smell....." lol

« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:15:57 PM by jusdeez » Logged

02 Ram 1500 4x4 QCSB extensive lift mods and offroad equipment
95 Ram 2500 4x4 ECSB 48" Tires 15"lift 440ci fi big block
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2012, 07:44:36 PM »

Ok, here it is. But keep in mind that I have nothing against gay people.

The only reason this is funny is because when I got assigned to work that neighborhood, my co-workers knew I grew up in a rural corn field area and that I was completely out of my element so my co-workers were giving me jobs in specific areas of that neighborhood just to get a laugh. They would give me jobs near "the gay pride parade", and certain bars that they didn't want to work on.  It sucks when your the new guy!

Story #1
My co-workers and manager gave me a job to install 3 phone lines at a store called "gay-mart" near Broadway ave. and Grace st. in Chicago's near NW side.  Traffic was terrible, it took me 1.5 hours to drive 3 miles, their were barricaded intersections, cops everywhere telling me to turn around and find another route. I was trying to head west after installing those 3 lines and I couldn't get across Halsted ave. Finally I found an alley that wasn't barricaded and I floored my 1996 Dodge 1 ton van out into traffic. Then I realized I was where I should not of been!, My van was between gay pride parade floats on Halsted ave going north at 4mph and I had no way to get out because of the barricades. 1 minute later my company cell rings and its my laughing boss and he said "Im watching the tv and I see you in our van traveling with the gay pride parade, we are not advertising for free so get out of there", I realized I was set up and hung up on him and after 2 blocks I bribed a Chicago cop with $20 to remove the barricade so I could continue westward. My co-workers laughed and made fun of me for weeks but appearently all of them have been through it also after hearing their stories later on.

Story #2
About 6 months later from the previous story, I was on the night shift 2pm to 10:30pm. My boss calls me and says this customer is pissed that their T1 circuit keeps failing. This job wasn't a set up from my boss or co-workers. When I get the job on my computer it says its for a bar named "the Man Hole" on Broadway ave in the same neighborhood. When I drove past the address I noticed a big yellow blinking sign out in front that said " It's YMCA night! Every man has its hole", pertaining to the bar name I hoped, and everyone was dressed like YMCA back in the day, hundreds of people with a line going out the door 1/2 block long. After seeing that I decided to check their circuit on the telephone pole in the alley and I proved the problem was in the bar without going in. As i was walking around the block to get to the front of the row buildings to get to that bar, I had at least ten different dudes stop me say "awesome costume", I had no idea what they were talking about..... Then I saw my reflection in a store front window, I was wearing a tool belt, safety lanyard, and a hard hat, with a company named shirt. It looked like I was the modern day YMCA guy based on the compliments I was receiving. At that point I called my boss and told him to make this job a morning appointment so we could show up at a time that telecom workers aren't dressed like everyone in the bar.

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2012, 08:36:40 PM »

I could go on forever about stories during my 5 years working up there.... A Polish Mafia hostage situation where I "accidently" maced the SWAT team with dog mace, Italian Mafia Beatings within a few feet from me on many occasions, a psycho elderly lady tried to lock me in her house because she thought I was recording her calls, and many attempted robberies on myself and co-workers that I was working with and even finding a dead body in a dumpster in the projects.

I now work in the suburbs which is a slightly happier place.

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 01:05:26 AM »

Dude - that was a reality show waiting to happen "Phone Guy".  Smile

Bill White

15 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 8-speed, 3.92's, DeeZee stainless step bars, Mopar splash guards, Weathertech Digifit floor mats
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2012, 05:11:38 AM »

Great stories!   Laughing

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2012, 06:29:53 PM »

Dude - that was a reality show waiting to happen "Phone Guy".  Smile

Funny you should mention that.  I was working downtown Chicago and after I got done gaffing a pole I couldn't safely get a ladder on, I got off the pole I was greeted by people of the show "Fear Factor". They asked me to be on their show. After asking what I had to do on that show, I declined. I have no problem with doing the physically dangerous stuff, but the wanted me to drink an entire RAW OSTRIDGE EGG and then get covered in GIANT SEWER ROACHES in a clear coffin sized box. I said no way at that point!

I'll climb 700ft in the air no problem but I will never voluntarily get covered in those disgusting Roaches and drink a Raw 2 pound Ostridge egg, it sounded like I would have problems the next following days. LOL

Great stories!   Laughing

Thanks Richard Very Happy

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2012, 06:44:49 PM »

On a side note, I did the MANN oil change and tune up on the van and it runs a lot better. I used the MANN filter, Pennzoil synthetic 5w/20, stock Champion plugs and Autolite wires.

I also noticed that my spare tire is in the middle of the chassis. Im sure if I ever need it that thing it will entirely piss me off trying to get it out from the middle of the van. It also has a plastic cover around it so I can't even check if its inflated.

Im also hearing thump noise from the front end on moderate sized bumps in the road. Possibly struts?

Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Video & Pics (Moderators: hemifever, jusdeez)  |  Topic: The wife's new Mopar........ « previous next »
Jump to: