Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 02:50:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

94844 Posts in 11594 Topics by 2100 Members
Latest Member: 500CID
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Diesel (Moderator: Lynn)  |  Topic: my son just bought himself a Cummins. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my son just bought himself a Cummins.  (Read 2305 times)
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« on: September 19, 2015, 06:03:58 AM »

'92 W250 (3/4 ton 4X4) extended cab long bed, auto trans.

Illinois truck from day 1, only 122K miles, been in a garage most of its life.
He's 3rd owner, has all oil change/maint. records from Day 1, been turned up "1 notch", 2nd owner had for 4-1/2 years, put just short of 20K on it while he had it,  "marine" injectors, brand new injection pump, trans has been gone thru and beefed (supposedly) to handle "750 HP"  (I dunno if I can believe that)  PO said tahtw aht ever went bad in it basically "disintigrated from having sat so much" (I'm thinking that would have had to have been the internal seals) all black, can literally eat off the body it is so clean....
 He paid about double what I think he should have, looking back at some of my old threads here from a few years ago asking "what's it worth" type questions on similar trucks to this, and seeing what I wasn't wanting to pay for one "then" well, anything with a Cummins in it, no matter the condition, seems to be worth double now what it was then...

you shoulda seen what the POS looked like that we drove 2-1/2 hours into Indiana to look at a few weekends ago that had an asking price of $6800 on, and the seller had claimed to have refused $5400 offer for... talk about a piece together hatchet job.... no, that wasn't the truck he bought (that one was a 96, totally different body style from the one he bought)
OldKota
Bionic Newbie

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 02:15:25 PM »

what did he pay for it? if more people knew what a carwash was vehicles around here would last a lot longer.... always nice see some older trucks with nice bodies... especially with all the 97-08 trucks that just fall apart around here..

1995 Dakota Club Cab Mild 408, Hurst 5spd, 8 3/4 Rear Axle (Hot Rod)
2007 Wrangler Unlimited, Silver, 6spd, 33's, 4.10's, Skid Plates, Level kit (Wife's)
2000 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L 4x4 (Daily Driver)
1994 Ram 2500 5.9L Gas Dump Bed and Plow (Heavy Hauler)
B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 02:35:14 AM »

That truck will last longer than Keith Richards will live.  Smile

Bill White

15 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 8-speed, 3.92's, DeeZee stainless step bars, Mopar splash guards, Weathertech Digifit floor mats
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 03:58:19 AM »

That truck will last longer than Keith Richards will live. 
There was a Stones concert in Michigan earlier this year.  Sadly I couldn't attend but a friend of mine did and he said Richards is still plucking away.  lol
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 04:01:18 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

1998 Dakota  R/T CC; 408 Stroker; Comp 220/230, SCT; Ported Eddy’s; M1; HiPoTek 53.6 mm TB; MP Headers; Single 3 1/2" Exhaust; Transgo; PATC 2800; Motive 4.56; Auburn LSD; Hotchkis TVS - 2/3 Drop; Sidewinder Customs 13" Viper Brakes; HiPoTek X-Brace, Driveshaft Loops, Engine Torque Strap, and Differential Cover.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 04:57:03 PM »

well he has 2 problems with it to date.
1) coming home from a buddy's house one nite, he heard a noise. coasted thru a few stooplights, the 1st one he caught red and had to stop for/ light goes green, engine still running, no go... sheared the flexplate completely right around the crankshaft hub completely in 2.
I had to haul him home with a tow strap.
2) 2 of the 3 weekends before #1 happened, he went down to southern IL (300 miles from home) playing Elmer Fudd. (deer season)  He  shot one, had it in the back of the truck in a cooler.  Overnight while he was asleep, some animal clawed the $#!T out of the sides of the bed and cab trying to get at that deer.....
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 04:58:04 PM by donram360 » Logged
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 05:40:55 PM »

well he has 2 problems with it to date.
1) coming home from a buddy's house one nite, he heard a noise. coasted thru a few stooplights, the 1st one he caught red and had to stop for/ light goes green, engine still running, no go... sheared the flexplate completely right around the crankshaft hub completely in 2.
I had to haul him home with a tow strap.
2) 2 of the 3 weekends before #1 happened, he went down to southern IL (300 miles from home) playing Elmer Fudd. (deer season)  He  shot one, had it in the back of the truck in a cooler.  Overnight while he was asleep, some animal clawed the $#!T out of the sides of the bed and cab trying to get at that deer.....

Wow you can't make that stuff up!

I know the feeling of towing someone with a tow strap "and being towed", its a stressful event for all involved. Especially with the roads that lead to your house.

I hope you got some good Deer Jerky and loins off that deer to make the scratches less concerning.  If the meat is still frozen you can borrow my dehydrator to make some Jerky if you want.

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 05:23:59 PM »

he has put bout 15Kmiles  on it since owning, and has blown the 2nd flywheel /flex plate since January... mostly just driving back and forth to work// light and very local towing, only about as many times as I can count with one hand's worth of fingers.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Diesel (Moderator: Lynn)  |  Topic: my son just bought himself a Cummins. « previous next »
Jump to: