Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 12:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

94913 Posts in 11609 Topics by 2104 Members
Latest Member: sarathesmith2
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Styling, Body, & Detailing (Moderator: jusdeez)  |  Topic: Headliner Material 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Headliner Material  (Read 2734 times)
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« on: October 27, 2015, 04:32:00 AM »

I need to replace the sagging headliner material in my 1990 and 1995 Dakota.  Any place in particular you guys buy your headliner material?

I found stockinteriors.com online: http://www.stockinteriors.com/items.asp?MakeId=33&ModelId=165&MainCatId=7&Desc=Dodge_Dakota_-_Regular_Cab_Headliner

« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 04:36:36 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 09:54:13 AM »

I need to replace the sagging headliner material in my 1990 and 1995 Dakota.  Any place in particular you guys buy your headliner material?

I found stockinteriors.com online: http://www.stockinteriors.com/items.asp?MakeId=33&ModelId=165&MainCatId=7&Desc=Dodge_Dakota_-_Regular_Cab_Headliner

Maybe check with Eastwood?  Not sure if they have something or not.

Bill White

15 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 8-speed, 3.92's, DeeZee stainless step bars, Mopar splash guards, Weathertech Digifit floor mats
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 03:38:41 PM »

Joann fabrics. cheap too
 there is another similar fabric store chain, we do not have around here (forget the name of that one, closest on this other place is 80 miles away, have seen them in other areas)   Cheap, too.
 but i found almost an identical match to my son's Ramcharger there;   they each only had a few colors (and were different between them)  but unless you are doing a chalk mark restoration, close should be good enough.
dakman
Bionic Junior

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 06:13:49 AM »

I'm with donram, I replaced my 92 dak headliner with material from joann fabrics nearly perfect color and texture match. Just be sure to use a layer of fleece under the material to prevent flaws in the solid part of the headliner from showing,
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 05:07:01 AM »

I found some headliner material on ebay for $24 shipped.  There is enough for this vehicle as well as my 1990 Dakota.  The color is definitely close enough. 

OldKota
Bionic Newbie

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 05:29:31 AM »

just made a down payment at the upholstery shop yesterday and got fabric ordered... I don't sublet out a lot of stuff but I want my visors done too so might as well have them do it all... changing to a color that matches the dash and the rest of the interior... I got some trim paint and adhesion promoter to paint my grab handles and hooks and stuff... hope it all works ok, never had a lot of good luck painting plastic stuff

1995 Dakota Club Cab Mild 408, Hurst 5spd, 8 3/4 Rear Axle (Hot Rod)
2007 Wrangler Unlimited, Silver, 6spd, 33's, 4.10's, Skid Plates, Level kit (Wife's)
2000 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L 4x4 (Daily Driver)
1994 Ram 2500 5.9L Gas Dump Bed and Plow (Heavy Hauler)
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 02:16:50 AM »

just made a down payment at the upholstery shop yesterday and got fabric ordered... I don't sublet out a lot of stuff but I want my visors done too so might as well have them do it all... changing to a color that matches the dash and the rest of the interior... I got some trim paint and adhesion promoter to paint my grab handles and hooks and stuff... hope it all works ok, never had a lot of good luck painting plastic stuff
That should turn out nice. 

When I find the time to do the headliner in my other truck, I think I'll wait until I have someone to help hold the edges/corners up while I smooth from the center outward.  Once you have applied adhesive to both the headliner board and the material, and let it tack up, once the two pieces touch each other, you can forget pulling it back up to re-position it without tearing the material.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 02:19:21 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

OldKota
Bionic Newbie

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 02:06:15 PM »

That should turn out nice. 

When I find the time to do the headliner in my other truck, I think I'll wait until I have someone to help hold the edges/corners up while I smooth from the center outward.  Once you have applied adhesive to both the headliner board and the material, and let it tack up, once the two pieces touch each other, you can forget pulling it back up to re-position it without tearing the material.

yea I'm pretty excited, that's bugged me since I got the truck, I had to push it up everytime I got in or it would touch my head, I did a couple of test pieces with the plastic paint and it seems pretty durable, I got the headliner actually dropped off to the shop today, also I went to my local salvage yard and actually picked up a set of leather/vinyl visors that are a grey color match to my headliner material/dash that are stupid nice considering they have been in a truck that's missing a door and sitting outside for who knows how long LOL my upholstery guy is still doing my visors but then I can pick whichever ones I like more to use at the end and have a spare set of visors as well... I made it VERY clear I expect flawless results when I pick it up and am not in a hurry for it, and also made it VERY clear that since he quoted me a pretty low price compared to everyone else I planned on giving him a large tip based on how flawless it is LOL

1995 Dakota Club Cab Mild 408, Hurst 5spd, 8 3/4 Rear Axle (Hot Rod)
2007 Wrangler Unlimited, Silver, 6spd, 33's, 4.10's, Skid Plates, Level kit (Wife's)
2000 Dakota Quad Cab 4.7L 4x4 (Daily Driver)
1994 Ram 2500 5.9L Gas Dump Bed and Plow (Heavy Hauler)
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 10:31:12 AM »

I have an older thread on this about 8 or so down below this one.... I get to do another one now that I got this '96 club cab.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 06:23:32 PM »

Don.

There's an upholstery shop somewhere in your area.  My work uses them for seats/visors and headliners.  If you want I can see where they are located?

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2017, 04:20:30 AM »

yeah probably Riverside trim and glass.   I use them for glass work. I tried to get them to do a set on a snowmobile for my son a few years ago and I guess they have someone that they  call  on an "as needed" basis that was unavailable at that time.

There's a woman in the area that used to own a trim shop in Bradley that is now closed, but she still does this stuff out of her home garage.  (I see her in the stands every time I go to a demo derby) She's really good at what she does, her name is Barb.
but for a headliner, not a big deal to do, I used to "have" them one before I knew what there was to doing them, (not much)
I can do ~4 of em myself,  for the price of "having" one done.
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Styling, Body, & Detailing (Moderator: jusdeez)  |  Topic: Headliner Material « previous next »
Jump to: