Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2017, 08:27:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

94915 Posts in 11609 Topics by 2104 Members
Latest Member: sarathesmith2
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Off Road Tires, Suspension & Chassis (Moderators: donram360, adamsredlines)  |  Topic: 2007 Nissan Pathfinder front end noise 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2007 Nissan Pathfinder front end noise  (Read 1654 times)
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« on: August 22, 2016, 03:49:27 PM »

I have been trying to figure out the noise coming from the passenger side front suspension. I replaced both CV axles since the guy doing our state inspection told my wife the passenger side was going bad. After pulling it out first, it was not bad at all. I had the parts and went through the trouble to tear everything apart so I went ahead and installed the new MOOG CV's. The noise was still there and getting a little worse. I replaced that suffer HUB assembly 2 years prior, so I had it warrantied out and changed the driver's said as well. Noise still present. Figured there isn't much left and went ahead and replaced all the ball joints on both sides with MOOG. Noise is still there, but after driving from VA to Canada for vacation it isn't quite as bad. I'm not sure if it is possibly the control arm bushings or possibly the coil over shock being the culprit.

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 05:22:26 PM »

It could be the control arm or coil overs. 

I had a 1998 Ford Expedition that made a lot of noise in the front in the normal driving around town trips, then when I took it on a long road trip the noise would quite down a bit for a while then come back. 
  It turned out it was the front rubber bushing Sway Bar End Links.  I replaced them with the EnergySuspension Poly brand with some white lithium grease and it never made the noise again

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 04:18:36 PM »

They seem to be good, but  more inspection is needed. Maybe I'll just disconnect it and see if the noise leaves.

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
dakman
Bionic Junior

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 01:10:46 PM »

Is the noise constant while moving or more noticeable over bumps?
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 05:39:48 AM »

it's not constant. Seems like with any suspension movement.

dakman
Bionic Junior

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2016, 07:35:21 AM »

I'm not completely familiar with the nissan suspension. I would suggest trying the anti sway bar bushings. I had a similar noise on a dodge caravan and that was the problem. Also if you plan to keep the vehicle a while I suggest moog or similar quality bushings. When I did mine I tried to get off cheap with autozone brand ,  and replaced them again 1 year later with moog.
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2016, 10:57:58 AM »

I've replaced everything so far with MOOG. I was looking injury the Rancho rs something 2" lift coil overs.

Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 12:50:42 PM »

Where is the best place to buy shocks? In my quick search, the best price I've found for the Rancho complete coil over was $154 a piece.

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 04:34:15 PM »

Where is the best place to buy shocks? In my quick search, the best price I've found for the Rancho complete coil over was $154 a piece.

I'm finding the same price for the complete strut assembly

Although you can get 5% off of that price by using the rockauto 5% Discount Code: 20CECCEFB0834C
Expires: November 3, 2016.  Its not much but its something.

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 08:16:23 AM »

I ordered them from Rock auto. Best price I found by far. I tried to remove the stock one last week to no prevail. The top 3 pressed in studs just spun in their respective holes. It's always something.

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2016, 05:41:19 PM »

I ordered them from Rock auto. Best price I found by far. I tried to remove the stock one last week to no prevail. The top 3 pressed in studs just spun in their respective holes. It's always something.

I had this same thing happen to my Baretta fwd years ago.  I welded a nut to the stud so I could back out the factory nut enough to cut them off.  LOL, its primitive but it works.

Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 04:21:19 PM »

I don't have a welder or cutting torches. This is gonna be fun.

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 05:45:30 PM »

I don't have a welder or cutting torches. This is gonna be fun.

Two Cinch nuts at the top of the stud tightened together "just like torquing a rocker stud" maybe? I'm just throwing ideas out there. 

Sawzall and drill are the hard work options...

Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2016, 12:52:21 AM »

I'll have to check of there is even enough sticking out to try that. I bought a few different nut splitter although i couldn't get ahold of the snapon version I wanted. One broke immediately. Had to take it back and bought 2 different styles. Problem is that it's a flange style nut, and it's cutting anvil isn't wide enough to catch the entire nut.

98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 02:03:59 AM »

Maybe a die grinder and a cut-off wheel? 

Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Off Road Tires, Suspension & Chassis (Moderators: donram360, adamsredlines)  |  Topic: 2007 Nissan Pathfinder front end noise « previous next »
Jump to: