Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 09:36:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

94838 Posts in 11594 Topics by 2099 Members
Latest Member: HOGGHEAVEN96
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  WELCOME NEW MEMBERS! (Moderator: magnumman)  |  Topic: Newbie in TN.. An old guy with a Red Ram 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie in TN.. An old guy with a Red Ram  (Read 508 times)
Boos RamSport
Bionic Junior

« on: January 23, 2017, 10:30:31 AM »

Don't know where this will end up as I’ve never used the simple machines format.lol I have a 2001 Ram Sport with some healthy miles on it. BUT it’s my baby. I have read hundreds of bionic posts since I acquired my Ram in 2004. You all are on spot with knowledge and "in tune" with the intricacies of Mopar. I am "slightly mechanically inclined" so future posts may either be informed questions or "way out there" bordering on "wow"... Maybe knowing enough to be dangerous ..."to myself.." My father is a retired Tool and Die maker and a metallurgist so I have “some” understanding of necessity and standards. Spent my childhood at the Peoria Ill Raceway watching dad win trophies with his Impala with a 409. He has a mint condition 85 Ram with a 380 HP crate engine. Mine is a 5.9 pretty much stock 01 Ram Sport. My transmission is pretty much bulletproof to 400HP after I got disgusted with 2 rebuilds by the dealership 60k miles apart. I ordered parts from PATC and had it built on Ogden Ave in Chicago area in 2010. Installed a double roller chain and a Hughes Plenum fix in 2013..   Now I have “suffered” the wrath of magnum prone to crack heads and in the middle of a tear down… SOooo I may light up a thread with MANY questions in the coming weeks if ya all willing to guide me…  Have an awesome day
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:33:12 AM by Boos RamSport » Logged
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 02:11:30 PM »

Welcome to the forum!  Sounds like a fun project.   Thumb
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 02:12:16 PM by 98Dak408 » Logged

1998 Dakota  R/T CC; 408 Stroker; Comp 220/230, SCT; Ported Eddy’s; M1; HiPoTek 53.6 mm TB; MP Headers; Single 3 1/2" Exhaust; Transgo; PATC 2800; Motive 4.56; Auburn LSD; Hotchkis TVS - 2/3 Drop; Sidewinder Customs 13" Viper Brakes; HiPoTek X-Brace, Driveshaft Loops, Engine Torque Strap, and Differential Cover.
magnumman
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 07:04:52 PM »

Welcome Aboard!!!  We look forward to giving you hand.

Nice to see another Illinois Native here!

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 09:10:05 AM »

Welcome to the site

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
Boos RamSport
Bionic Junior

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 05:23:12 PM »

Thank You for the welcome!!! I've enjoyed reading the forum for several years.. discovered a lot of knowledge from good people here and sure Ill be enlightened even more. My truck was pretty much problem free until last Sept. Just started the tear down and investigating the best machine shops in / around Nashville I feel comfortable with to clean and machine the block. I do all my own maintenance and a good part of external engine work. haven't been beyond or deeper than the timing chain change and intake manifold /plenum since the late 1970's... I know you all will be valuable over the next few months and it'll be highly appreciated!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  WELCOME NEW MEMBERS! (Moderator: magnumman)  |  Topic: Newbie in TN.. An old guy with a Red Ram « previous next »
Jump to: