Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:27:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

94915 Posts in 11609 Topics by 2104 Members
Latest Member: sarathesmith2
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Suggestion Box (Moderators: magnumman, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: ok...newbie here on posting pics know how 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok...newbie here on posting pics know how  (Read 796 times)
Boos RamSport
Bionic Junior

« on: January 29, 2017, 08:42:17 AM »

Hello Chris,

As per your suggestion I come to see if Im going thru the proper steps.. I started by hitting the "image" button above the dialog box where the emojis, bold, underline and font color optons are. it just put "img"  in the dialog box where you type and compose post. I went to help and didn't find anything so I looked in "additional options". In there I noticed an area that listed file types such as jpeg etc. I went to the browse button and chose two jpegs off my pc desktop. I started with three pics and it said I exceeded the 7500 so I went back and chose two. I hit post and it looked in topics and it didn't arrive at the chosen destination and more less evaporated into netherland... So..I composed a post without pics and It posted fine..ps... I also went to Simple machines webstite.. I then resized my jpegs to 50% of original size and tried yesterdays method today. When I hit preview I didn't see the images so I didn't follow thru with the post

Help appreciated...THX!!!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 09:55:19 AM by Boos RamSport » Logged
magnumman
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 06:16:42 PM »

This is a Test picture to make sure my web setting are correct.

* 2100pr hit.JPG (873.34 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 45 times.)

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
magnumman
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 07:20:27 PM »

The way to post a picture here on a "New Topic" is:

1. Click the "Blue" New Topic button on the board you want to post in. "You already know this, I'm including for other new users"

2. Type out what you want

3. Click/tap "Additional Options..." below the message body.

4. Select "Choose File" and search for the file/picture you want on your pc/tablet/smartphone.  Select the file/picture you want and then click/tap "open".  Then you should see the file name listed with the option to add more.

5. Click "post" to (upload) the file/picture to Bionicdodge.com.  7500kb = 7.5mb size limit.  If your picture is below the 7.5mb size limit it will post granted the picture format is supported here. I can add new/old picture formats here if I know what format needs to be added.

Internet and PC/Connection Upload speed:

Now 99% of internet providers (upload) speed is usually around 95% slower than download speed.  Download is searching websites, Facebook, Twitter, Streaming movies or music. Upload is used when you log into your email, banks, Bionicdodge or anytime you use a Username/Password to login.  Upload is also used for Posting a picture/video/file to sites like Bionicdodge/Facebook/Twitter/Youtube ect.

I have a 1.0mb (upload) internet provider. The TEST picture above is 873kb or .873mb and it took about 7 seconds to load to this website. So if the picture was 7mb size it would of taken about 49 seconds to load and then a few more seconds for your pc speed and site hosts to transfer the image.

When uploading pictures/video or any file to the internet it will take way longer than surfing the internet looking at webpages, so patience is key.  Once you click post here it will look like nothing is happening while uploading the photo, but the site is pulling the photo you added from your pc then is trying to make that image available for view.  If you wait a couple minutes the site will refresh back to the forum/board you were viewing, if not it will give an error message on why the picture/file didn't post.

Also how old is your PC? The "IMG" format is a raw data format that is rarely used anymore. I have temporarily allowed the "IMG" format on the site for our testing and so you can post pictures.  Try posting any pictures here to see if they work by hitting the "Blue" Reply button and following the steps above, do not use "Quick Reply".  Thanks, Chris

« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:53:37 PM by magnumman » Logged

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
Boos RamSport
Bionic Junior

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 04:12:24 PM »

Test pic..Its seems all my photos are too large as they are never kilobytes but megabytes. My puter is 4 yrs old..Win 7..I notice pdf is avail..So heres a try

* Piston Analysis Documentation.pdf (571.07 KB - downloaded 26 times.)
magnumman
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 08:48:48 PM »

Test pic..Its seems all my photos are too large as they are never kilobytes but megabytes. My puter is 4 yrs old..Win 7..I notice pdf is avail..So heres a try

That shows up fine, no issues at all.

FYI... The camera you use to take the picture sets the size of the photo, your computer only transfers the image.  On a PDF format the pictures are compressed within the PDF file.  This website has a 10,000 Kilobyte or 10 Megabyte per post limit (kb vs mb=same size just subtract 3 zeros for megabyte) limit per post. I hope this helps

Thanks for the PDF test image!

Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Suggestion Box (Moderators: magnumman, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: ok...newbie here on posting pics know how « previous next »
Jump to: