Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2017, 07:33:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search

94756 Posts in 11583 Topics by 2095 Members
Latest Member: twalsh
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com | Bionic Tech | 3.9/5.2/5.9 (Moderators: Lynn, 98Dak408) | Topic: General Dakota questions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Dakota questions (Read 359 times)
Boos RamSport
Bionic Junior

Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 07:23:41 AM

Welcome. to the 4.7 club.  These chains are long so any slop and you get some noise.  I don't think it is a "sludge monster" just needs properly maintained.  I've always ran Mobil 1. I'm using a valvoline race oil now that I bought a ton of awhile back on clearance.  

The 45RFE is also a good trans.  I ran my stock one for years of hard abuse under boost before 2nd gear went soft "slipping".

THx Ritchie.. I appreciate the welcome and feedback. The truck is "stock tame"...unlike what my Ram will become.

I kind of enjoy some quietness of exhaust for a "professional image" when meeting with customers and policyholders.  However I am entertaining headers and a "tame sounding" muffler for some possible efficiency increase on the exhaust side of performance (a bit more torque) while possibly getting a wee bit more mpg.. Does magnaflow or flowmaster make a efficient quieter exhaust than the mean sounding stuff they are famous for?... Im also an oil change fanatic and thinking of 5/30 synthetic. I understand the cams are hollow tubes with "sintered" on lobes. I pay attn. to the "Rockwell" and case and /or surface hardening of metal /steel . Are these cams synthetic friendly or conventional friendly?.. and do they yearn for zinc like the earlier cams did in the "pre-roller" flat tappet cam era?

JB..aka Ramsport

The Ram will not exceed 400HP as my trans as per Nathan at PATC said its good to 500hp and don't want to donate further monies to increasing its durability
Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:28:36 AM by Boos RamSport Logged
Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 04:57:59 PM

I have only ran syn in mine. They are roller cam followers so no real issues there.

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print
Bionicdodge.Com | Bionic Tech | 3.9/5.2/5.9 (Moderators: Lynn, 98Dak408) | Topic: General Dakota questions « previous next »
Jump to: