Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 09:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

94838 Posts in 11594 Topics by 2099 Members
Latest Member: HOGGHEAVEN96
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Supporting Vendors  |  RockAuto (Moderator: RockAuto)  |  Topic: customer service 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: customer service  (Read 143 times)
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« on: September 24, 2017, 10:08:17 AM »

another reason that I HATE HATE HATE strictly online transactions.   I wish that you guys listed a phone number so customers could call to solve a problem.  I have a problem with an order that I placed today, and could not solve it with your "REPORT A PROBLEM" page.

I ordered some front end parts for one of my trucks. I mistakenly ordered lower ball joints for my 4wd (that part was OK)  but instead of the uppers for same truck, I mistakenly also ordered lowers for a 2wd.  I was able to cancel the 2wd lower ball joints (I think) but you guys leave no option to add to an order that I could find.  So I had to place a 2nd order, and apparently now I gotta pay shipping twice.  had I been able to add the correct ones to my initial order that could have been avoided. the initial order was placed on a Sunday about noon and I was into my Email about 2:40, and saw my order confirmation, which was when/where I discovered the mistake. so I went in to the "REPORT A PROBLEM" screen and was able to request cancellation of the wrong parts but instead had to start from scratch with a brand new order for the correct ones.
had there been a phone number provided, it would have been easier to correct. truck; 96 Dakota 4X4  318 engine, need 2 uppers and 2 lowers.  I have my order numbers in front of me. Is there any way these 2 orders can be combined into 1?

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »

Cancel both orders and start over as one order...

Or call/email them at 1-608-661-1376 or service@rockauto.com

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 01:17:16 AM »

why couldn't I find that phone number??? thanks.   worst case if the cancel  for the 2wd ones don't go thru, I do also have a 92 2wd that they'd work for... put em on the shelf I guess... with 198K  they probably  wont go to waste....
I thought of cancellingthe whole thing and restarting,  after I was done placing the 2nd order.   but when those weren't the only parts on the 1st order there should be an easier way.... to cancel totally and reorder, shouldn't be necessary... I'm hoping someone from Rock Auto sees this...
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 03:56:41 AM »

The contact info is at the very bottom of their web page "About Us"

I must admit I have become frustrated trying to get ahold of someone to actually talk to after spinning in circles with their automated phone system.

1998 Dakota  R/T CC; 408 Stroker; Comp 220/230, SCT; Ported Eddy’s; M1; HiPoTek 53.6 mm TB; MP Headers; Single 3 1/2" Exhaust; Transgo; PATC 2800; Motive 4.56; Auburn LSD; Hotchkis TVS - 2/3 Drop; Sidewinder Customs 13" Viper Brakes; HiPoTek X-Brace, Driveshaft Loops, Engine Torque Strap, and Differential Cover.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 07:00:00 AM »

WOW what a circle jerk.... Call the number and push any key to get an automated message to refer to the website.... If the website had the answer I wouldn't have needed to call.... Finally got to talk to a real person and guess what.   Refer to the website. I had to wait for the message saying shipped to see if the mistakenly ordered parts had gotten cancelled and more importantly to get the total amount so I could enter it in the check book......she wouldn't/couldn't even give me that info without saying to refer to the useless website....
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2017, 04:50:25 PM »

why couldn't I find that phone number??? thanks.

I ended up Google searching for their phone number.

I messaged my contact with RockAuto about this issue today.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:01:00 PM by magnumman » Logged

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 01:08:22 PM »

ok, I got the 1st order (minus the cancelled parts, yay) today.  2nd order (for just the correct ball joints) should be here tomorrow.  Shipping on those wasn't that much, probably not enough for the time I spent on here and on the phone trying to get something better than a circle jerk. but it is just the idea, the principle behind all of this major push to do "everything" by a silly website,  and even after trying to talk to a human, I think 5 of 6 choices of what number to push on the phone depending on reason for the call refers you back (again) to the damn website....  and as I remember I had to push that 1 choice (after trying them all) to get a 2nd menu of "if you are calling for ______, press_____"  before I got a choice that finally got me in line to talk to a real person, just for them to tell me that this could have been done on the site (I did not see where, I searched all over once I discovered the mistake) and that they could not add to an order..... waste of time on hold on the line to be told that.....     the only good thing was that their prices were fully HALF off of the prices I found locally for the same parts.......  but there are times where even considering that, it becomes "not worth the hassle" and frustration.
and the fact that the woman I talked to could not tell me whether they were able to modify my order because I hadn't yet gotten the Email confirmation/ order has been shipped" Email yet.... if I didn't know better it seemed she didn't WANT to help me, whether she could have in fact done so, or not.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Supporting Vendors  |  RockAuto (Moderator: RockAuto)  |  Topic: customer service « previous next »
Jump to: