Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 20, 2018, 02:49:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

94983 Posts in 11617 Topics by 2107 Members
Latest Member: Joejoe
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Off Topic (Moderators: jusdeez, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: Your area temperature? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your area temperature?  (Read 193 times)
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« on: January 01, 2018, 05:18:20 PM »

I had to bring a friend my torpedo heater tonight because his pipes were froze "he lives in a trailer".  Just a few miles south of me in Braceville, IL.

It's -9 degrees where I live in Braidwood, IL

It's -18 where he lives 7miles south in Braceville. WOW

* IMG_20180101_201615150.jpg (1800.85 KB, 2340x4160 - viewed 5 times.)

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 06:59:37 AM »

It has been in the low single digits around Detroit, MI.  

Last Sunday my driver's side door glass shattered as I attempted to lower the window.  Luckily I didn't get any in my eye.  And last night my furnace gave out.  

Are we having fun yet in the cold?  
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 07:00:54 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 07:53:42 AM »

It's in the 20's here in GA where I am. I'm glad It's not that cold down here.

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 09:01:39 AM »

I woke up to -18* this morning about 20 miles east of Magnumman   at work now another 35 miles southeast and it is 0 out right now according to my phone. I got called into work Saturday nite about 8:30, it was -5* out, had 2 dead diesls at the shop waiting for me, and a 3rd one dead out on the road about 20 miles away, was out working on that one around midnight-1am ish Sunday morning... Got home at 6am and couldn't sleep, was wired, finally fell asleep for a couple hours and then couldn't hardly move all day

Last Wednesday I had to call off of work to fix my furnace, got up to a cold house and tore into that at 4am.... That's been ok though ever since. Garage gutters are solid ice, I think I might have an ice dam going on with the garage roof.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2018, 06:33:37 PM »

It has been in the low single digits around Detroit, MI. 

Last Sunday my driver's side door glass shattered as I attempted to lower the window.  Luckily I didn't get any in my eye.  And last night my furnace gave out.   

Are we having fun yet in the cold?   

Holy Cow Richard, that sucks!  Thats like getting kicked in the "you know what" twice.

Last Wednesday I had to call off of work to fix my furnace, got up to a cold house and tore into that at 4am.... That's been ok though ever since. Garage gutters are solid ice, I think I might have an ice dam going on with the garage roof.

I hope you guys aren't jinxing me with this furnace talk!  My furnace has been a complete PITA for the past 5 years, the solder joint for the blower motor in the middle of the circuit board keeps burning up.  Ive been repairing the circuit board myself for years with solder and then making jumper wire to bypass the weak spot in the board. I finally called a HVAC company to bring me a new circuit board "$370" and asked him why this keeps happening, he said its because of these high density micron filters cause to much load on the blower motor "cant get enough air" which heats up the circuit board.  He said all anyone needs are the cheap see through nylon filters, since then Ive had zero issues.  Last week I had the wife grab a new filter at Ace hardware and told her what to get and she put it in,  the furnace was short cycling last night and I checked the filter and it was one of those Micron filters, I pulled it out and now its running fine. But now I have no furnace filter LOL.

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 01:38:24 PM »

yup mine started short cycling because of a dirty filter that wasn't as bad as I used to let them get --with no trouble even!!   I had to take the A coil out this time with the short cycling, as it was plugged with dog hair and such.... 1st time in 19 years of living here we don't have  a dog (or 2!)  My son bought a house and took his dog. we still have the 2 cats though....   (furnace is 1 year newer than the time we have lived here)  It's "ok I guess" but is very "prissy" about being any kind of dirty.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »

yup mine started short cycling because of a dirty filter that wasn't as bad as I used to let them get --with no trouble even!!   I had to take the A coil out this time with the short cycling, as it was plugged with dog hair and such.... 1st time in 19 years of living here we don't have  a dog (or 2!)  My son bought a house and took his dog. we still have the 2 cats though....   (furnace is 1 year newer than the time we have lived here)  It's "ok I guess" but is very "prissy" about being any kind of dirty.

Mine also needs a new "smart gas valve" but its needed one for 2 years, they are $300 from ebay.  It still runs good the gas ignites and kicks on and off at the end of its cycle.  I found a like new furnace on Facebook for $280 "interesting story".  I'm currently looking for a reasonable HVAC guy to install that for me with a new case-coil and condenser.

98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 09:48:34 AM »

New furnace is in.  Smile   I guess I'll have to wait a little longer until I can afford the cold saw or band saw I was dreaming of acquiring.   Sad
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 09:49:37 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 06:15:49 PM »

New furnace is in.  Smile   I guess I'll have to wait a little longer until I can afford the cold saw or band saw I was dreaming of acquiring.   Sad

Yea Priorities are a PITA!

Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 03:50:13 AM »

That stinks Richard but at least you'll be warm dreaming of our next Tool.

I started my Dakota the other morning on the coldest day I've had here since I moved to GA and the backside of the header tube #5 blew out. It's been leaking a little for awhile but it finally gave up the ghost. so I had ordered a set off Ebay. I doubt they will be as good as the JBA Cat4forward ones have been for this many years but I'll cross my fingers.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:52:59 AM by Richie » Logged

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 05:04:13 AM »

I doubt they will be as good as the JBA Cat4forward ones have been for this many years but I'll cross my fingers.
I guess time will tell.  Hope they last long enough for you.

Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Off Topic (Moderators: jusdeez, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: Your area temperature? « previous next »
Jump to: