Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2018, 07:28:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

95065 Posts in 11638 Topics by 2113 Members
Latest Member: Jgreen13
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  3.7/4.7/5.7/6.1/6.4 Hemi (Moderators: hemifever, adamsredlines, Richie)  |  Topic: 2012 Dodge Ram cylinder delete issues 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2012 Dodge Ram cylinder delete issues  (Read 215 times)
Boos RamSport
Bionic Junior

« on: February 07, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »

Hello you all...

Long time since last visit. My brother purchased 5 trucks and one is the 12 model. when he received it off the freight guy he knew it had a slight miss from the seller. His salaried guy at the shop tore into it and found a couple lobes were scarred and it had a collapsed lifter. I told him it had variable rate timing. He ordered a new cam and set of lifters in a style of MDS delete system so 8 cylinders stay live instead of 4 dropping off like from the factory. I knew ahead of time he would get a check engine light and would need a reflash.

If Im correct with what Im thinking the tuck runs well BUT:

The computer doesn't know what to do with the injectors that used to shut down when MDS system kicked in
 Due to above it may wash down the cylinders
there may be a  Advance /retard timing issue over time
The fuel injector timing and fuel tables may now be incorrect since he did away with the original cam and lifters

This subject is beyond my realm of logic and hoping to get some answers from ya all...
Corrct me where Im wrong...

and he is now looking for a reflash. I told him since he did away with factory cam and lifter configuration t stay away from the dealers.. He lives aa half hr out of Galesburg Il.. Any suggestions on programmers in area or on here. Perhaps hemifever could PM me a phone # to give to my brother..

Thanks in advance

JB
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:25:45 PM by Boos RamSport » Logged
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:34:20 PM »

Yea, he needs a performance tune.

The only ones I know of are:

Finishline Performance in Naperville.  About 2.75hr drive.

Straightline Performance in Joliet. About 2.25hr drive.

Dynosource Performance in Antioch. About 3.5hr drive but specializes in Mopar

Herring Performance in Peoria.  I don't know if they do tuning work but they should since their site has a ton of turbos and superchargers posted, it looks like the're website is on facebook https://www.facebook.com/herringperformance/
911 W Detweiller Dr
Peoria, Illinois
(309) 453-0998
50 minute drive.

In this case and most other cases I would recommend looking for a local tuner, that way you have someone local you can yell at and leave the truck with.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:36:45 PM by magnumman » Logged

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
Boos RamSport
Bionic Junior

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 01:53:04 PM »

Thank You MagmumMan....Highly appreciated..!!!

Found out the day I posted he bought a diablo tuner...
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »

Thank You MagmumMan....Highly appreciated..!!!

Found out the day I posted he bought a diablo tuner...

Your Welcome.

Any of the above shops can add a custom tune to that diablo tuner to get it to run right.

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  3.7/4.7/5.7/6.1/6.4 Hemi (Moderators: hemifever, adamsredlines, Richie)  |  Topic: 2012 Dodge Ram cylinder delete issues « previous next »
Jump to: