Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2018, 07:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

96952 Posts in 12726 Topics by 2130 Members
Latest Member: dodgedartgt
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Supporting Vendors  |  HiPoTek (Moderator: 98Dak408)  |  Topic: Rare Possible Prototype M1 2-bbl Intake Manifold 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rare Possible Prototype M1 2-bbl Intake Manifold  (Read 401 times)
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« on: May 16, 2018, 02:57:29 AM »

A customer Keith dropped off an intake manifold in which the OEM fuel rails wouldn’t fit.  I’d never seen this intake before.  It looks like an M1 2-bbl but there are several differences:

1.    It appears to have a Chrysler part number but ii is not designated with a “P” part number: 53031728AA
2.   The arrangement of mounting bosses is different from the Mopar aftermarket 2-bbl.
3.   The plenum is not as tall.
4.   The intake ports at the flange are extremely square and accurate. 
5.   And most notably, the injector bungs are cast and machined at a 23-degree angle where the OEM and other aftermarket intakes (Airgap, M1 4-bbl, and M1 2-bbl) have a 13-degree angle.
6.   There are other minor differences as well. 

I wonder if this intake may have been a prototype that found its way out of the scrap heap back in the day?

To make fuel rails fit beneath the 52mm throttle body linkage without a spacer, I used the shorter Hemi 30# injectors, and sunk the injector ports further into the fuel rail.  The 6AN fuel rails were also machined with 8AN ports for 8AN fittings.  This intake was more of a challenge due to the extreme injector angle and short plenum.

This is going in a Jeep with a 402 stroker:

The engine was built by Godfather Racing in Fraser, Michigan. 

Richie
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 08:33:52 AM »

That's very interesting.

Big a** supercharged 4.7L HO, cammed, Custom made Supercharger COG drive system, 72mm F&B throttle body, ROSS ceramic coated pistons, Billet H beam rods, 1st set of race prepped big valves heads W/ behive springs, Custom one off sheet metal intake, Modified Edelbrock Mustang intake elbow, ATI super dampner, 3,000 Edge racing billet stall converter, meth injected, SCT tuned, 60# injectors, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump, Aeromotive -12 Fuel Filter, Boost reference FPR, Custom fuel cell, Braided stainless line and AN fittings, Aeromotive Billet fuel controller,  2 bar map, Turbo Smart Race Port BOV, 180d* T stat, True dual exhuast, Built tranny W/ deep trans pan, built transfer case, 275 60 R17 rubber.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 05:31:06 PM »

Wow!  Rare indeed.  I researched and I can't find anything on it.

I wonder if it was for a prototype Police motor or Shelby Dakota or maybe saved from a scrap yard from one of the Concept cars that Chrysler crushes.  The only reason I bring up concept vehicle is because maybe space was an issue in the engine bay with the weird injector angle.   I would email Chrysler or Mopar Performance themselves and ask if they have any record of it, if you would like me to email them I will and give them a link to this topic.  Let me know.

With that 23* angle on the injector it seems like a +4 or higher on fuel sync would be better for performance.

Do you have any of the original brackets or rails that we can research part number on?

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 01:42:51 AM »

The guy got the intake only from Godfather Racing who has been sponsored by Mancini Racing for years. 

There is no telling who or where this initially came from.

However, my father was an engineer at Chrysler and he said some of the enthusiasts would pick parts a out of the garbage that were going to be scrapped after prototyping.

The guy bought the intake and found he couldn't run it otherwise since it is so unique.

I'm glad I was able to help him out.

98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2018, 11:47:42 PM »

Another one of these intakes turned up from another customer.  Not sure what the application was or when they were produced but there is more than one of them.  I machined a larger bore in a throttle body spacer for him so he could run up to a 53mm throttle body and didn't have to mess around with short injectors and specialty fuel rails.  The spacer allows him to run the standard height injector and regular HiPoTek fuel rails
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 11:49:34 PM by 98Dak408 » Logged

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 12:26:41 AM »

I learned something new.  I have seen a couple of M1 style intakes for the 3.9 that were not production items

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2018, 09:23:38 AM »

Richard, any feedback on how this thing runs?

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Supporting Vendors  |  HiPoTek (Moderator: 98Dak408)  |  Topic: Rare Possible Prototype M1 2-bbl Intake Manifold « previous next »
Jump to: