Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2018, 04:37:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

96402 Posts in 12311 Topics by 2124 Members
Latest Member: Dinkyj 59
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Off Topic (Moderators: jusdeez, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: Smart Phones 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smart Phones  (Read 88 times)
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« on: September 16, 2018, 04:23:57 AM »

I hate Smart Phones!  They are quite simply very rude devices. I am forced to use one because everybody else uses them.  Friends stop by to visit and just play with their phones the entire time. 

I also hate receiving Smart Phone messages when dealing with business.  I get separate disjointed emails, that in order to make sense of them, I have to review a bunch of separate responses that are not tied to the previous response.  Sentences don't have proper structure or spelling...and it's just plain sloppy.  People can't even be bothered with an introduction such as hello, I am so-and-so, etc.  I get emails like: "said to contact you".  What?  Pretty soon people won't be able to communicate without one and English teachers must just cringe.

Children probably don't even know what it is like to just go out and play without them.  And distracted driving is a major nusance and extremely dangerous. Bloody Hell!  I must be getting old.

I didn't even think children could be bothered by them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/kids-are-starting-a-revolution-to-get-their-parents-to-put-down-their-phones/ar-BBNaZSZ?ocid=spartanntp

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 12:53:24 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:02:11 AM »

I'm with you my friend (and guilty of some of that behavior as well).  Getting off social media eliminates most of the reasons to play with your smart phone.

Grammar, or the lack thereof, is a rant all it's own. I'm one of the few people I know that tries to use proper punctuation, even when I text.

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2010 Challenger SE
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:00:14 PM »

I agree 100%

When ever my kids text me and if it doesn't have proper grammar, I text them back "I can't understand your language".  Usually their grammar is correct though.

The Texting and Driving drives me nuts and we all will be a victim of it one day, by being hit by someone looking at their phone.  I Drive a rather large work truck with an extremely loud horn.  I love to get next to these people and honk the horn excessively, they usually throw the phone and have the look of death on their face.

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 03:34:46 AM »

Distracted driving cause other drivers to drive aggressively to get past them which increases the chance of an accident, and once that has occurred, the distracted driver, the cause of it all, just moseys on through without a scratch. 

Years ago I was driving my R/T and I passed a young lady driving while on her cell phone.  I passed her and noticed that she moved into my lane behind me.  I stopped at a red light and noticed that the girl on the phone hadn't slowed down and still had her head down playing with her phone.  She looked up at the last minute, slammed on her brakes, and plowed into the back of my R/T.  That sent me into the car in front of me.  That is why my truck now has a roll pan and a new front bumper, grill, and hood.

However, the cops don't do anything about it and I often see them playing with their phones as well. I suppose many more people will be injured or killed before anything is done about it in the states.  Canada on the other hand is apparently doing something about it as the cops will pull them over for it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 03:35:24 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 09:34:50 AM »

Most states exempt cops from the hands-free rule.  Not sure whether I agree with that or not.

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2010 Challenger SE
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 12:39:19 PM »

Well, I got rear ended by some young man on his smart phone today.  Stopped in a long line at a traffic light and the idiot behind me was playing with his phone, looked up at the last second, slammed on his brakes, and kissed the back of my trailer.  I am so fed up with cell phones but I might as well be barking at the moon in that regard.  Years ago the cops set up observation posts at intersections in my city and pulled over everyone on their phones or not wearing seat belts.  They even made the papers that "Troy is cracking down".  That lasted about 1 week and faded completely away. 

Nothing will change unless the higher ups (who are probably driving while on their phones too) do something about it. 

Who do you contact to rage about driving and cell phones?  Your congressman, or state representative?   
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:42:16 PM by 98Dak408 » Logged

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 01:23:12 PM »

Is it an election year there?   Contact everybody who is running.

98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2018, 12:53:10 AM »

I'll have to check into that.  Thanks for the feedback!

98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2018, 03:45:20 AM »

In Michigan it is apparently a local option in regard to enforcement.  However, there are no teeth in regard to enforcement so it is just lip service and half measures.  Laws prohibiting it are fine but if they are not enforced they might as well not exist. 

http://www.ncsl.org/research/transportation/cellular-phone-use-and-texting-while-driving-laws.aspx

https://www.nsc.org/road-safety/safety-topics/distracted-driving/cell-phone-distracted-driving

https://www.nsc.org/road-safety/safety-topics/distracted-driving/what-you-can-do

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2018, 03:55:06 AM »

Personally, I like air horns as a deterrent.   If you see someone on their phone, lean on your horn.  Not only will it get their attention, they might even see God! 

98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 05:25:44 AM »

I'll have to hook this up to a battery and see what it sounds like.   Razz

« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:26:00 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 05:13:24 PM »

There are things you can do to get laws enacted or enforced.  Start with you city council meeting, you have a legal right to talk during "public comment".  Try to keep your speech under 3 minutes as many cities have a time in place. Stick to the facts and don't give an opinion unless it pertains to a solution to your problem.  Bring blown up pictures of your accidents with extra copies (8x11 paper size) to give to the city council, police chief, and mayor... They will all be there.  Best of all this will be on public record so if you display some controlled emotion or anger and ask them what they are going to do about it, it may end up in the news paper "this is what happened to me" and that's how my issue of flooding was resolved, the city couldn't blow me off anymore because the Local paper published my issue.  Message or call me, I could type for hours on how to make a city hall squirm.  The best thing for you to know is that these local elected morons cannot handle pressure.

When one city passes or strictly enforces a law, usually other cities will follow suit because politicians have an ego and don't want to be embarrassed.

After Christmas I am going to buy a couple of these kits.  120db or 150db air horns.  These things were over $600 a few years ago, now about $88
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Trumpet-air-horn-12V-Compressor-kit-blue-tank-gauge-for-car-train-truck/172590272704?hash=item282f2e90c0:g:zFMAAOSw8w1X5UUw:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!60416!US!-1:rk:2:pf:0&vxp=mtr

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Off Topic (Moderators: jusdeez, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: Smart Phones « previous next »
Jump to: