Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2019, 12:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

99150 Posts in 14245 Topics by 2136 Members
Latest Member: swepty63
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Commerce  |  Parts For Sale (Moderators: jusdeez, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: Stolen Parts 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stolen Parts  (Read 557 times)
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« on: November 14, 2018, 05:33:36 AM »

There is a listing on facebook in the Dakota Classified page where a guy going by the name of Nic B Hustlin has the following ad: “408 stroker kit balanced forged mid compression Edelbrock Ported aluminum heads Comp cam ALL MEW”

This is the link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/113699971977047?multi_permalinks=2112438879067069&notif_id=1542180361108153&notif_t=commerce_interesting_product&ref=notif

This person stole $6000 from HiPoTek for these parts: ported heads, a forged rotating assembly...and camshaft.  As soon as he received the parts, he declared that is was an unauthorized purchase and the $6000 was taken away from HiPoTek and given back to him, at the expense of HiPoTek.

Please keep in mind that these parts are stolen and if the law catches up with him, whoever buys those parts will lose them, even though they can prove that they were paid for.

98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 11:40:18 AM »

He is also selling the parts on Craig's List:  https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/d/dodge-dakotastroker-kit/6748488834.html

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 04:36:26 PM »

Pure scumbag.

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 05:22:41 PM »

Would you like me to report his marketplace post as fraud?

Edit:  It already looks like the post has been removed.  The craigslist one as been removed as well "by the user".
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 05:27:32 PM by magnumman » Logged

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 05:39:24 PM »

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help the police catch this *sshole.  Does he still live at the same address the parts were shipped to? 

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 03:21:23 AM »

Thanks Chris!

There are more people involved in the fraud than just so called Nic.  Many businesses just write off the loss because it is too costly to go after them.  I've spent days getting my ducks in a row.  I'd have to fly to Washington to file a police report in person with no real idea how long I'd have to stay in Washington for it.  I am putting a case together with the FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center and possibly the Federal Trade Commission.

Nic's facebook page revealed little or no real information about him.  He called himself on facebook: "Nic B Hustlin"  Pretty cocky mofo.  His facebook page and ad have been deleted as well as his Craig's list ad.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:41:18 AM by 98Dak408 » Logged

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 06:10:37 AM »

Marty and I endured several of those cases.   Merchant service companies are satanic entities.

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 08:42:23 AM »

Marty and I endured several of those cases.   Merchant service companies are satanic entities.
I'm sure you did unfortunately.

Before posting this,  Paypal confirmed that the buyer’s bank ruled in favor of the buyer and would not give the money back.  Seller Protection through paypal is a dicey situation and just because you may have it on one transaction doesn’t mean you’ll have it on another. For each claim it can take about a month or more for the final outcome to be decided.  I did finally get my money back but in the mean time I had to come up with the cash to cover myself.  I also initially didn’t meet the guidelines for Seller Protection but Paypal finally covered me.  Paypal took the hit on that but they are now scrutinizing my transactions more closely in regard to the Seller Protection guidelines.  Also, In common situations Seller Protection does not always apply. 

There is more than one person involved in the fraud. None of the phone numbers on the orders went anywhere.  The emails that Nick responded to all had different email addresses.  The email addresses gave no indication who this guy is. Shipping addresses were different. The names were different.  I still don’t even know Nic’s real name or address.  I had countless emails back-and-forth with seemingly different people as they strung me along saying they would take care of it.

I initially thought they may be on the level and I was honest with them with the initial communication thinking I wouldn’t have any problem with the Seller Protection but then that became unclear as time passed.  Then they screwed me again on another transaction in the same way as the first.  All kinds of promises to make it right but making it right never happened. 

As things really soured and Nic realized he couldn’t get any more parts from me, he then placed a large order with one of my suppliers.  My supplier knew of my situation and scrutinized the order and finally declined to sell to him. 

Regardless, this guy committed fraud against me and wasted a ton of my time trying to track things down with no initial certainty that I would get my money back.  When I saw the stuff for sale and knew his bank refused payment, well that didn’t sit very well with me. 

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 07:54:05 PM »

If you would like we can put his profile page on the Bionicdodge facebook page as a "Do NOT Buy" informational. 

98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 04:44:45 AM »

If you would like we can put his profile page on the Bionicdodge facebook page as a "Do NOT Buy" informational. 
Thanks Chris but he can just change his profile again. 

98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 04:45:43 AM »

I didn’t initially want to get so involved with this issue on-line but when I saw the guy selling parts he didn’t pay for in an attempt to defraud me I felt I should say something so potential buyers would know they were stolen parts. And I was totally PO’d.  I also went for quite some time not knowing if I would get my money back and had to cover the loss for that period of time.  In order qualify for seller protection I needed to send the items with signature required which I didn’t do.  Through all of this I have a much better idea who is involved even though it is hard to track down and their facebook pages provide very little information about them or their associates.  I think I have enough information now for the authorities to look into it.   The fact that Nic is trying to sell the parts listed from HiPoTek is proof that he did receive the parts and then reported it as an unauthorized transaction. 

B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2019, 09:16:48 AM »

Did you ever make any headway on this?

Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Commerce  |  Parts For Sale (Moderators: jusdeez, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: Stolen Parts « previous next »
Jump to: