Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2019, 11:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

99145 Posts in 14243 Topics by 2136 Members
Latest Member: swepty63
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Magnum, Charger, 300C, Challenger (Moderator: hemifever)  |  Topic: Why The Charger Needs A Stick Shift 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why The Charger Needs A Stick Shift  (Read 805 times)
B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« on: January 03, 2019, 09:06:44 AM »

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/save-the-manuals-why-the-dodge-charger-needs-a-stick-shift/

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
HemiLonestar
Bionic Newbie

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 08:21:16 AM »

They apparently don't understand how some processes work lol.  The LX platform was originally only crash tested and certified by the gov't for production with an automatic floor pan only.  The Challenger (LC) is different enough (different shape pillars, 2 vs 4 doors, wheelbase, 2 different floor pans) that it required it's own testing, which included both auto and manual floor pans.  To have ever offered a factory stick in an LX would've required going back through the expense of recertifying the platform for production.  Projected purchase numbers for a stick shift LX weren't enough to justify that expense.

Sarcasm - it beats killing people
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 05:29:36 PM »

They apparently don't understand how some processes work lol.  The LX platform was originally only crash tested and certified by the gov't for production with an automatic floor pan only.  The Challenger (LC) is different enough (different shape pillars, 2 vs 4 doors, wheelbase, 2 different floor pans) that it required it's own testing, which included both auto and manual floor pans.  To have ever offered a factory stick in an LX would've required going back through the expense of recertifying the platform for production.  Projected purchase numbers for a stick shift LX weren't enough to justify that expense.

Good point!

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 03:47:08 AM »

The govt has to stick their noses into alot of places that they don't need to, we did just fine without alot of the involvement that they have forced their way into
HemiLonestar
Bionic Newbie

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 11:50:20 AM »

The govt has to stick their noses into alot of places that they don't need to, we did just fine without alot of the involvement that they have forced their way into

So you're against crash test standards lol?  Cars back in the day used to wreck BADLY and generally kill the people inside unless you were basically driving a full size Mopar, because that was acres of metal.  I for one am happy they do it, because this is what happens when assholes surround you and try to kill you in your LX.

Lady going in the opposite direction tried to cut across a left turn through a yellow light, in trying to avoid her I ended up hitting someone else and she ran into me.  I walked out with a few bruises from the seat belt.

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 05:57:56 PM »

Damn HemiLonestar!!!

Glad your ok!

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 03:02:40 AM »

The lady was probably on her cell phone. 

HemiLonestar
Bionic Newbie

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 07:19:21 AM »

Damn HemiLonestar!!!

Glad your ok!

Thanks, yeah it was my first ever airbag accident.  Weird experience lol, but other than seatbelt bruises the old girl saved me and ate a Kia in the process lol.

The lady was probably on her cell phone. 

Surprisingly not this time, she just thought her Honda Pilot (that her parents pay for) was gonna play sports car and slide through a wet intersection on a yellow light when she should have yielded.  Her mother tried to convince there was another car that sped away that caused the whole thing.  Her father had her proned out on the street screaming and moaning her head off.  Funny, because I managed to avoid t-boning her the only car she hit was mine.  They actually transported her.  Her insurance co called me that afternoon and all but admitted fault.  They also said they were glad my car was older and cheaper because she caused damage to two much newer vehicles that were going to be more expensive repairs/write offs.  They totaled mine and I bought it back to strip all the good parts off to put on my Magnum.

Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Magnum, Charger, 300C, Challenger (Moderator: hemifever)  |  Topic: Why The Charger Needs A Stick Shift « previous next »
Jump to: