Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2019, 03:15:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

99115 Posts in 14234 Topics by 2136 Members
Latest Member: swepty63
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Bionic Weather (Moderator: B1llyw)  |  Topic: Polar Vortex Hitting Midwest 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Polar Vortex Hitting Midwest  (Read 205 times)
B1llyw
Bionic Wh0re!

« on: January 28, 2019, 09:42:13 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/28/us/midwest-weather-polar-vortex.html

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 03:05:26 PM »

yeah it is..... was 34*F at lunch and 14*F when I got home 4-1/2 hours later with stupid high winds and I started to clear the driveway...
In 19 years of owning this 97 Wrangler that I have, I cannot remember the last time I had to fight it so bad to stay on the road, and not gravitate towards the ditch.... I was able to keep it out and on the road, whew... it definitely wasn't like that on my way TO work this morning.....(I think it was ~8-9 years ago driving thru Utah, on my way to Vegas)
 just had to drive thru ~6-8" high drifts and less than a mile visibility.... like the plows hadn't been out at all....

they are talking "coldest day on record" around here (south Chicagoland) Wednesday, the last time it was this cold was Super Bowl Sunday the year before the Bears won the only SB that they were in and won.... (they were in 2, and lost the 2nd one)  1985, I was a Sr in High school.....
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 06:05:54 PM »

I'm wondering if they will send us outside to work on Wednesday.  Forecast is -16* with wind chills -35* to -55*.  They already offered us to use vacation/personal time.  But I'm gonna go in "being the Union Rep" just to see if they have the balls to send us out in weather that causes frost bite in 4 minutes.

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
B1llyw
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 03:26:05 AM »

That is some serious cold right there.   Be safe.

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 01:11:22 PM »

yeah... generous... eat up your vacation and personal time// when its too cold to "do" anything with those days.... how generous. My work is the same way. I wound up leaving Wed after having been at work 3 hours when I found out my house was out of power.....  about the time I got home it was back on. Yesterday was even colder than it was at the time I got that info so I stayed home.... the wife would have no clue (or inclination to let me show her) where to shut the main breaker, where to plug the cord in nor how to fire up the generator... and I have dealt with frozen pipes before (not so much here at home thank god)  not something I want to deal with again.... so I stayed home a 2nd day,  to keep an eye on things in case I had to get that generator fired up to keep heat in here.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 05:34:48 PM »

I'm wondering if they will send us outside to work on Wednesday.  Forecast is -16* with wind chills -35* to -55*.  They already offered us to use vacation/personal time.  But I'm gonna go in "being the Union Rep" just to see if they have the balls to send us out in weather that causes frost bite in 4 minutes.

They sent us out at noon Wednesday to survey the jobs and not get out of the truck, which was nice and very rare of them to do.

Thursday which as Don said was colder in the morning than Wednesday (-23f).  They sent us out and lets just say we worked very safely and little got done. 

Today was +16f and it felt like a heat wave. LOL

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Bionic Weather (Moderator: B1llyw)  |  Topic: Polar Vortex Hitting Midwest « previous next »
Jump to: