Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 22, 2019, 11:41:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

99108 Posts in 14233 Topics by 2136 Members
Latest Member: swepty63
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Styling, Body, & Detailing (Moderator: jusdeez)  |  Topic: Paint question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paint question  (Read 66 times)
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« on: February 27, 2019, 02:20:58 PM »

Looking to possibly paint the 96 4wd this year, so that it's actually all 1 color with no peelys and surface rust on the roof. Something about white vehicles and peeling paint. Seen this on white vehicles of all brands.

I'm way out of date on automotive paint. I have painted a few back before they came out with 2 stage (base coat/ clear coat) paint. This is no show truck, but I want something better than Rust-Oleum. Do they still make Dupont centari paint? it was a single stage enamel.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 05:35:51 PM »

I hate paint/body work with a passion.  The only time I've ever done perfect jobs was when someone that paid me to do it.  When I've done my own something always goes wrong that cost me many hours to fix.  "this was many years ago, late 1990's"

I've only dealt with PPG Single stage with clear coat after.  They have a new "cost effective" product called Omni that is supposed to be pretty good for repair shops.

Eastwood is another company to checkout. They have many single stage paints. https://www.eastwood.com/paints/automotive-finishes/colors/single-stage-urethane.html#

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 02:58:08 PM »

went down to my neighbor's hunting cottage and remembered about 1/2 way home that I forgot to grab that paint.... I guess that Dupont sold their paint line to somebody else, some English(?) or maybe it was a German company.  But being as how they don't make "this" exact paint no more (it is an acrylic enamel) if I use it I am gonna have to see whose solvents, primers and sealers are compatible.....
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Styling, Body, & Detailing (Moderator: jusdeez)  |  Topic: Paint question « previous next »
Jump to: