Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2019, 11:31:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

99129 Posts in 14239 Topics by 2136 Members
Latest Member: swepty63
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Video & Pics (Moderators: hemifever, jusdeez)  |  Topic: Newer truck. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newer truck.  (Read 658 times)
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« on: March 09, 2019, 07:23:16 PM »

Daughters van blew up today.  She needed a vehicle before Monday so I picked this up as my new daily driver.  It has some weird stuff on it that I'll post about later.

* IMG_20190309_173612501.jpg (4261.53 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 26 times.)

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This thing is a turd.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »

What was she driving?
I take it you are handing out the trailblazer? Does she understand German ?
I have been wishing that I could get something different on account of the Wrangler rusting to nothing and having what I think is a bad wrist pin knock, both Dakota's now we'll over 200k, but still truckin along. There's a couple in the Indiana car and rv magazines that I could be interested in. One's a 2017 2wd black Cummins/stick reg cab and the other one is a 2012-ish reg cab 1/2 ton with a long bed but I really don't want another white one.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 04:23:56 PM »

She had a Chrysler Town & Country.  Yes, my Daughter is using the Trailblazer.  It runs great "but eats oil" and the 4x4 option is the best out of any vehicle I have owned except my Scout II.  Since my German post the Trailblazer has gone from English to German, Back to English and now French... LMAO.  Its a gauge cluster issue, a couple days ago the cluster was flashing and in anger I hit it and it corrected itself.  I'm gonna have to check the connections on the back of it, it also has a Python Alarm System that I suspect may be causing the issues.  But I'm not gonna attempt this fix until the truck speaks english again because their is No option on the truck to change languages.

I bought this 2012 Ram in kind of a hurry which isn't like me at all.  The wife was in a panic about the daughters van which made me concerned that I needed to do right to make sure my Daughter can get to Collage and work, God works in weird ways, I wanted a newer truck and my Daughter needed reliable transportation.  I found a cosmetic blemish today that I usually would of caught before buying, the steel front bumper has a couple bubbles around the fog lights and a few light scratches on the bed.  But the price was right and it only has 60,000 miles on it and it came with a free 2 year powertrain warranty, 6 free oil changes and lifetime car washes LOL...  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 04:26:33 PM by magnumman » Logged

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow. Seems like the more I beat on it the faster it goes.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 12:01:00 PM »

I've been looking all over lately for an 80s Dodge truck.... I want another.  Even if I could afford that '17 in a couple of posts above, (Id bet it would be $5-600/mo for at least 6 years... ) I aint spending anywhere near the $31k that they want for it.... even if I won the Mega drawing this week I still don't think I'd spend $31k on a truck..... but seeing the 09s and '10 Fords at work daily with all their rust, (mostly F150s/250s) I don't get it.... I drove thru a car lot by work the other day they have an 06 Dodge reg cab there.... I can stick my fist thru the holes in the bed.....
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2019, 05:45:51 PM »

I want another.  Even if I could afford that '17 in a couple of posts above, (Id bet it would be $5-600/mo for at least 6 years... ) I aint spending anywhere near the $31k that they want for it.... even if I won the Mega drawing this week I still don't think I'd spend $31k on a truck. I drove thru a car lot by work the other day they have an 06 Dodge reg cab there.... I can stick my fist thru the holes in the bed.....

It's crazy, a lot of the 2018/2019's I looked at were $52,000 to $62,000.  I can't bring myself to pay anything close to that.  Plus I looked for a month to find a 2010 to 2012 Ram w/o any rust, it was nearly impossible.

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2019, 05:56:26 PM »

One of the cool things about this truck I bought... I noticed a pressure gauge in the center console "after buying", I hit the switch on it one way and air started hissing out of it, I hit the switch the other way and I heard an air compressor kick on.  I thought this was cool but it was dark so I didn't feel like tracing the lines out at night to see what they went to.  This morning I crawled under the truck and discovered this truck has airbag suspension.  On the way to work I pumped up the bags to 20psi and I checked it when I got home tonight and its still at 20psi, so no leaks is good.

donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 12:10:57 PM »

found 2 newer trucks I'd consider... both 2017s... both priced way out of my league.  been looking lately,  found a couple of Jeeps  (possibly for the wife, to become her new daily) with 4.7s and 1 with a Hemi, around 2005-06ish.  Don't know much about either engine...… know plenty about 5.2s and 5.9s and inline 4.0s,  never thought I'd see them fading away.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »

Air compressor stopped working. LOL  I'll look into that over the next 2 days.

donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 05:51:52 PM »

I have seen a newer Dodge truck (found out its an 06) sitting, and hasn't moved, like 4 blocks from work, has been sitting in same spot since Fall. has a For Sale sign sitting on dash, cannot see it as you would driveby, seller should prop up the sign so it can be seen.  No contact info though it could just be faded.  Ram 1500, unknown engine, (no "Hemi" or "Cummins emblems though) bed just starting to go  over wheel wells,  has not moved in months. doors not locked.
has 3 pedals.... I assume a 6 speed, I think 5 speeds were gone by 06.... digital dash, so w/o a key cant get a clue on miles.  If I could get past it being a 4 door, I might be able to be interested in it for the right price if I could get past the fact it has too many doors.  I guess it could be good storage/access for tools and such, out of the weather back there.... especially with that silly short bed.  but I also discovered a PT loser sitting at the back of a driveway yesterday, electric blue, with gas doing what it has maybe time to finally break down and get something FWD for the 1st time in my life..... Naaaaahhhh.   
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 04:17:40 PM »

Air compressor stopped working. LOL  I'll look into that over the next 2 days.

I found a bad connection at the fuse which cause the relay to go bad.  Works like new now.

magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 04:39:38 PM »

I have seen a newer Dodge truck (found out its an 06) sitting, and hasn't moved, like 4 blocks from work, has been sitting in same spot since Fall. has a For Sale sign sitting on dash, cannot see it as you would driveby, seller should prop up the sign so it can be seen.  No contact info though it could just be faded.  Ram 1500, unknown engine, (no "Hemi" or "Cummins emblems though) bed just starting to go  over wheel wells,  has not moved in months. doors not locked.
has 3 pedals.... I assume a 6 speed, I think 5 speeds were gone by 06.... digital dash, so w/o a key cant get a clue on miles.  If I could get past it being a 4 door, I might be able to be interested in it for the right price if I could get past the fact it has too many doors.  I guess it could be good storage/access for tools and such, out of the weather back there.... especially with that silly short bed.  but I also discovered a PT loser sitting at the back of a driveway yesterday, electric blue, with gas doing what it has maybe time to finally break down and get something FWD for the 1st time in my life..... Naaaaahhhh.   

Its probably a 4.7 which is a good motor, I liked the one I had in my old Durango.  Under the rear seats has some storage areas for tools in the 06, or remove the seats and install a nice toolbox.  The only way I would avoid the 4.7 is if it had over 200,000 miles on it.

Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Video & Pics (Moderators: hemifever, jusdeez)  |  Topic: Newer truck. « previous next »
Jump to: