Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2019, 09:28:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

99231 Posts in 14253 Topics by 2137 Members
Latest Member: ssteve/t
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Off Topic (Moderators: jusdeez, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: car shippers? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: car shippers?  (Read 181 times)
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« on: September 30, 2019, 12:15:42 PM »

wondering what a reasonable price may be to have a truck brought back from the South, because I would rather have an older "square body" but HATE dealing with rust....
have lost out on 2 newer trucks (more "modern")  that I tried to buy recently (story later, story on one of them is elsewhere in "off topic)  but in looking at "newer" trucks to begin with I realize I wouldn't be happy with one.  looked at a 2018 with a new style Hemi...… plastic oil and trans pans, and COIL springs in the back?  REALLY?

looking at an 85 3/4 ton in TX and an 86 1/2 ton in GA, at the moment need reg cab with 8' bed, NOT 4 doors and 5' bed  like all I see in newer trucks....  just thinking out loud at the moment,+ what I'm looking at would be a 3 season driver up here//    there are a few in decent shape near me, that the current owners don't want to sell even though they haven't moved in quite a while.... my son just turned me onto another 3/4 ton near us that "aint bad for the year" but still rusty, but is 4wd and 4 -on-the-floor...

what I want in a truck; wing windows
dimmer switch on the floor
cowl vent
reg cab 8' bed or maybe cab and 1/2
NOT white/ in a rut of white vehicles at the moment
Wouldn't mind rubber floor, crank windows and stick..... but at this point these are optional.... wouldn't even mind a carb..... if it happens to work out that way..... mechanical fuel pumps are easier and cheaper to replace anyway haha...……
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 05:39:46 PM »

Here's some stuff I got from the internet...

What is the cheapest way to ship a car?
The short answer: Open shipping is the most common method—and it's almost always the cheapest. In addition to the distance your car is traveling, the carrier type (open vs. enclosed) has the biggest impact on your auto transport costs—and you'll want to decide which method you prefer before creating a shipment listing.

This quote is for a 1985 Ford Bronco, they didnt have Dodge trucks listings in their menu.  $875 delivery fee from Austin, TX.  https://www.roadrunnerautotransport.com/quote/654Snf26bDZAby-J18LD8g

There are many shippers for this stuff, you'll have to google it and pick the best price.  There is also have car hikers companies that drive the vehicle to your house as well.

Let us know

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This is my Son's truck now.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow.

2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi Outdoorsman, 4x4, LSD, Air Bag Suspension.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:02:08 PM »

well still looking.... I did do a google search for shippers and did inquire at one site... IMMEDIATELY had a call from one guy, deemed decent and half the price of "people I know" that drive around the country in the interest of old cars and trucks....  but besides that my phone has been blowing up with spam calls and texts, and a few Emails too asking if I still need a car shipped....the guy in TX quit responding and that one is gone off of CL so I think its sold.... but Im sure there are others....  got a line on a guy in the Louisvile area from another Mopar site that 'is "always" buying and lookin for D/W series Dodge trucks.... Louisville is a more manageable drive from Chicago-ish….. and he claims to have a "honey hole" of rust free....  don't have to be in a hurry....
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Community  |  Off Topic (Moderators: jusdeez, northwest_5.9)  |  Topic: car shippers? « previous next »
Jump to: