Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2019, 10:22:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

99266 Posts in 14259 Topics by 2137 Members
Latest Member: ssteve/t
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Street Tires, Suspension & Chassis (Moderators: donram360, adamsredlines)  |  Topic: Anyone else run pirelli scorpion tires? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone else run pirelli scorpion tires?  (Read 200 times)
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« on: November 16, 2019, 11:53:46 AM »

Here lately I have been buying Cooper tires, probably the last 4-5 sets between my 3 vehicles. I could use a set for the Durango, and I see a place local that has a set of pirelli all terrain ones in my Durango's size, thinking of trying them. Cheaper than going with the Cooper AT3'S like what I have.
Anyone here run these before? How quiet? How well do they hold up? Traction in wet or snow?
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 03:29:47 PM »

wont let me edit... meant to say that this local place has them on a good sale. I think they ordered them "for" somebody that didn't come back for them.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 07:57:04 PM »

Ive tried them years ago on my Ram.  They lasted a long time, it wasn't great in the snow but nothing is on my Ram because its 2wd.  Stopping in the rain wasn't as good as my Michelin's.  They were made in Brazil.  Overall I liked them because they lasted and the price was right. 

Since you walked away from the sale today, you can probably go back and argue an even lower price.  I've never paid "their" price for tires...

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This is my Son's truck now.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow.

2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi Outdoorsman, 4x4, LSD, Air Bag Suspension.
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 05:26:50 AM »

well, I never talked to anybody about them, yesterday, when I posted the question here. I've seen this particular set there since before I had this Durango back up and running, was thinking about putting them on my Dakota, IF I would have had another set of 16" wheels (both Dakotas are 15s)  but wound up with another set of Cooper AT3s on the Dakota.
At the time, I asked the guy about these Pirellis, and he told me at the time I got the Dakota's tires about his thoughts on the brand and he said then that he'd give me another 10% off the sale price of them.... hope he remembers that. They are on sale a whole lot cheaper before the extra 10%,  than what AT3s would cost me for the Durango but "was" price is more than the AT3s.  
(yeah this is Farm and Fleet Im talking about, I don't take my vehicles there for anything but spend a lot there, I take my wheels off here and take them just the wheels....)

16" wheels  are going the way of the dodo bird like 14 and 15" tires before them... seems like 17s are the "entry level" on anything these days, and lots of 18s and 20s as OEM tire sizes... my Durango is a bigger, heavier SUV than a current Exploder (V8, primarily RWD when not being run as a 4wd, full frame, etc. vs sideways V6, wrong wheel drive, unibody) and all of the cop spec Exploders are on 18s, as are the cop Caprice's.....  what I work on all day at the job

I didn't even go to that store yesterday (wound up running around 3 hours south of here doing "honey-do's".... looking to match up some porcelain floor tile I bought there a while back, just now getting ready to tackle that project/ and it appears the wife wants more done with the same tile as I have already.... nevermind.

but when we got back to town and made our stops here, we ran into someone that works there (the tire place) in a different store, and I was asking him when the Mgr worked again, as I was interested in some tires// his reply.. "again"? he thought I was looking for some for the same truck as I bought tires for, a few weeks ago... No, we have 3 vehicles....  but I want to talk to the guy that said he'd give me the extra % off, since he was the one that made me the offer....
the reviews online that I see on these tires I am now considering are all pretty promising-sounding.... not that I pay too much attn to that, because I seem to have better luck with many things that the average person doesn't...  

I remember 20-ish years ago when I still worked at Sears auto center part time,  a customer coming in back then,  raving about Pirelli Scorpions, as his buddy had a set// and he drove his buddy's truck often (they worked together I guess--) and raved about them and how he wanted the same thing on his own truck...… He ended up getting them, and hating them....I think the 2 guys had different kind of trucks from each other but both pickups, nether was an "SUV"...    I have never had a vehicle with them on it myself, though....
donram360
Administrator
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2019, 08:04:57 AM »

Well I got em, so far so good. Lots quieter than the other ones that were on there. Wife will like that. Let's see if they hold up. Got them for nearly 1/2 off.
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 05:34:19 PM »

Well I got em, so far so good. Lots quieter than the other ones that were on there. Wife will like that. Let's see if they hold up. Got them for nearly 1/2 off.

Congrats.  Its nice to have a fresh set of tires, nothing to worry about.

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This is my Son's truck now.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow.

2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi Outdoorsman, 4x4, LSD, Air Bag Suspension.
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Street Tires, Suspension & Chassis (Moderators: donram360, adamsredlines)  |  Topic: Anyone else run pirelli scorpion tires? « previous next »
Jump to: