Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2020, 02:49:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

99300 Posts in 14280 Topics by 2148 Members
Latest Member: Creton
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Cummins & More, Diesels Galore (Moderator: Lynn)  |  Topic: Flash/Tune failure 2018 Ram 6.7 with G56 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flash/Tune failure 2018 Ram 6.7 with G56  (Read 1609 times)
RyanRogers
Bionic Newbie

« on: January 11, 2020, 06:15:43 PM »

An intro to my truck....some of which may be helpful. I bought this 2018 ram 3500 dually with the g56 6 speed Mercedes transmission to build a reliable welding rig. This is a one owner truck that has never been plugged into, until last night. I installed the 5” turbo back exhaust, block off plates/gaskets to remove the egr valve, egr cooler etc, and unplugged everything required for the flash and tune. For those who are unfamiliar, there is a bypass cable required that replaces the number 6 and 14 pins to the obd2 port and connects to the star connector prior to tuning. This was all done as per the instructions on fishtuning.com The autocal by efilive device throws two different error codes. They both suggested that it doesn’t see the truck. Can’t communicate with it, so to speak. To verify that the efilive autocal device and supplied cable were not the issue, I took the truck to autozone to let them pull the codes that are thrown. Their reader couldn’t communicate with the ecm either, so the issue is on my end. I am by no means an electrician. 😂 I did some obvious troubleshooting though. I put the two original pins back into the obd2 connector and tried to simply view the dtcs with the autocal device and received the same error code which suggests it still can’t see the truck it’s plugged into. I also ran a jumper wire from pin 3 to pin 16, with the bypass cable, and with the stock setup, to no avail. I am very fortunate that the truck runs and drives right now. It clearly is still stock tuned, but I’m terrified that the damn thing is going to go into limp mode when I head to work in the morning, 100 miles from home. Pin 3 and pin 16 are the two powered wires in the obd2 connector, one switched and one constant 12 v. I even tried disconnecting the batteries for a half hour or more today. Why won’t this sucker communicate? I’m trying to run a clean smoke free 170 hp tune on this truck with no codes, and I have the tunes in the palm of my hand. Help a brother out!
magnumman
Site Owner
Bionic Supremacist

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 04:48:52 PM »

Turn your key on and off 3 times "not start",  off to run 3 times and on the 3rd time going to run leave ignition on.  You should get a message on your odometer that says "Pdone" or "P01xx" or P with other numbers.  This will prove Bus communication.  Try this 1st. Let us know the results.

Is it possible 6 &14 could possibly be switched when returning to stock?

Welcome to the site!

2001 Ram QC 1500: 360cid, 2wd, K+N CAI, SCT tune, Autolite AP3923\'s, MP 1.7 rollers, MP pushrods, SST rims, Hypertech coil, 10.2mm wires, Gibson super truck exhaust, 3\" magnaflow cat, modified Y pipe, modified kegger, 3.92 LSD, MSD-6, Transgo shift kit, 4.7L Injectors, Hipotek 52mm TB, (Currently under construction for a 408 build)

POS Chevy Trailblazer 4x4, the 4x4 is the only good part. This is my Son's truck now.

2007 Chrysler 300 2.7L "Wifes car" No complaints other than it slow.

2012 Ram 5.7 Hemi Outdoorsman, 4x4, LSD, Air Bag Suspension.
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  Cummins & More, Diesels Galore (Moderator: Lynn)  |  Topic: Flash/Tune failure 2018 Ram 6.7 with G56 « previous next »
Jump to: