Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2019, 04:22:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

99223 Posts in 14252 Topics by 2137 Members
Latest Member: ssteve/t
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Regions  |  Regions  |  Canada (Moderators: Tom Skoropad, Salarguy)  |  Topic: Anyone see Larry King last night? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone see Larry King last night?  (Read 4918 times)
Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« on: March 04, 2006, 03:09:26 PM »

Ya Sir Paul and Lady Heather McCartney took some pretty bad shots at the Rock!

Edit: Should have read Sir Heather and Lady Paul! Laughing
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 03:53:06 AM by Salarguy » Logged

Women should put pictures of their missing husbands on beer cans. If drinking and driving is illegal, why do bars have parking lots?
BluegenTwo
Bionic Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »

hrm... didn't see it, but I suppose baby seals are an easy cause to take up...
Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 04:17:07 PM »

Baby seals were excluded from the hunt in 1987.

Women should put pictures of their missing husbands on beer cans. If drinking and driving is illegal, why do bars have parking lots?
BluegenTwo
Bionic Senior

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 04:37:06 PM »

damn... what's the fun in it now?
Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 04:39:48 PM »

It never was fun, just dangerous.

Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 05:35:48 AM »

There's a movement afoot to boycot Costco in the Maratimes. It seems they pulled Omega 3 capsules from their shelves, because they contain seal oil(the highest count of natural source Omega 3 available) The move was prompted by Paul Watson, who just happens to sit on Costco's board of directors. Many Newfoundlanders have cut up their cards or turned them in for the $40 refund!

Balls McGee
Crazy Maritimer
Bionic Master

It's all about the mud.

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 12:12:14 PM »

NFLD has a Costco???? Razz Laughing

1997 Jeep Cherokee, +3", 31s
1998 Jeep Cherokee, +5", 32s
Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 02:38:05 PM »

And two more scheduled for construction! How many you got? We just got a Princess Auto, my favourite store 19 # Bosch injectors for $5.95, but they only have two.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 02:42:03 PM by Salarguy » Logged

Balls McGee
Crazy Maritimer
Bionic Master

It's all about the mud.

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 12:17:46 AM »

Princess Auto rocks... I spend half my weekends there!

Theres a huge Costco in greater Moncton, one in Saint John... not sure if Freddy'ton has one yet or not.

1997 Jeep Cherokee, +3", 31s
1998 Jeep Cherokee, +5", 32s
BluegenTwo
Bionic Senior

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 06:23:35 PM »

i just wanted to put my tail between my legs a little and say that I've since actually done some reading on the seal hunt and now realize what's what about it.  Not much different from any other controlled hunt, just the animals are probably a lil' cuter.

I'm just trying to figure what the animal is used for?  Do people eat the meat or something, or is it mainly for the fat?
Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 12:44:55 PM »

It's good to hear you took the time to get the big pic on the hunt. Animal welfare groups have gone to great lengths to mis-represent it for years, in the process lining their pockets with millions annually. Administration of course, consumes about 60% of the contributions. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

The meat is yummy. I have it on the barbee, oven baked and many variations. The flippers are the best. BBQ loins w/ chili peppers or ginger root superb! The fur is luxurious and very warm, as you can imagine. I use the seal fur tying many of my trout and salmon flies. Omega 3 is a miracle that's still only partially understood.

BluegenTwo
Bionic Senior

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 06:13:04 PM »

The meat is yummy. I have it on the barbee, oven baked and many variations. The flippers are the best. BBQ loins w/ chili peppers or ginger root superb! The fur is luxurious and very warm, as you can imagine. I use the seal fur tying many of my trout and salmon flies. Omega 3 is a miracle that's still only partially understood.

Ok, I didn't actually know that the meat was eaten.  I've never seen it out here in the wacky west, but I would wager that pacific salmon isn't so common out east, either.
Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 12:00:24 AM »

I buy frozen vac-pak Pink salmon filets regularly and smoked Spring /Chinook ocassionally. It's always available here, beleive it or not. There is no commercial Atlantic Salmon fishing anymore, so it's Pacific only untill the Atlantic Salmon sportfishimg season opens in June. Razz

BluegenTwo
Bionic Senior

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 11:12:09 AM »

haha... funny bit is that the salmon we usually get around here is the farmed atlantic salmon from up around Campbell River.  The real-deal stuff goes for a premium since it's wild. Laughing
Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 03:13:17 AM »

Farmed salmon just isn't the same. The flesh is much softer and flavour is weak. I guess they don't put on any "muscle" like wild fish. They eat a man made pellitized food!

Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Regions  |  Regions  |  Canada (Moderators: Tom Skoropad, Salarguy)  |  Topic: Anyone see Larry King last night? « previous next »
Jump to: