Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2018, 10:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

96932 Posts in 12716 Topics by 2130 Members
Latest Member: dodgedartgt
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  3.9/5.2/5.9 (Moderators: Lynn, 98Dak408)  |  Topic: Valvetrain stuff. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Valvetrain stuff.  (Read 5298 times)
B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 02:39:40 PM »

I was truck-less for 8 years myself.  It felt good to get back in one.  Lot of good memories on this site.

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
NosPoweredRam
360 Punisher
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

I build my own

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 02:50:21 PM »

I was truck-less for 8 years myself.  It felt good to get back in one.  Lot of good memories on this site.
I still look on occasions for Indy's/SST's and R/T's.  I had the Indy for 12 years and gave it away when we moved to the new house in '12.  I still have the top end stored away. 

2000 dodge Ram 4x4
Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2018, 01:23:08 PM »

I put 1.7 Crower rollers on my old '01 5.9 and that was the best mod performance wise I did.....next to the B&G flash.

Mine TOO!

Women should put pictures of their missing husbands on beer cans. If drinking and driving is illegal, why do bars have parking lots?
Salarguy
Gramps
Global Moderator
Bionic Master

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 01:47:48 PM »

Quote from: devilbrad
So looks like Jesel has stepped up and made some shaft rockers for the Magnum motors, pricey, but if your going all out here they are at the top of the page:  JeselRockers   My question is.............do Vipers use the same lifters as the Magnum motors?  Scroll down the page and notice the solid roller lifters for Vipers.  $125 a piece!!!  Got to be lighter then the stock hydraulics though, which in turn is a more stable valvetrain at higher RPM's.  Thoughts and comments?[/url]

Short answer NO

Yep 92 and newer vipers use the same lofters as all the other magnum motors.  Problem is getting someone to grind a solid tappet roller cam for the magnum engines.
I wouldnt think the cam would need to be different???  A roller is a roller riding on the cam, or are you talking different cam specs (lift, duration etc etc) for a solid vs hydraulic lifter??

Women should put pictures of their missing husbands on beer cans. If drinking and driving is illegal, why do bars have parking lots?
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  3.9/5.2/5.9 (Moderators: Lynn, 98Dak408)  |  Topic: Valvetrain stuff. « previous next »
Jump to: