Bionicdodge.Com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2018, 07:15:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

96952 Posts in 12726 Topics by 2130 Members
Latest Member: dodgedartgt
* Home Help Search Gallery Calendar Login Register
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  3.9/5.2/5.9 (Moderators: Lynn, 98Dak408)  |  Topic: Engine Torque Strap 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Engine Torque Strap  (Read 2507 times)
98Dak408
Site Donor
Administrator
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 04:55:11 PM »

A while back some people asked me about a torque strap for a Ram and earlier Dakota.  I spent several hours at a junk yard inspecting...and taking measurements of a Ram and Generation I Dakota.  After some time on the drawing board, the "interested" people disappeared.  So I dropped it.  I may pick it up again later.

One thing I can say from the initial investigation is that the frames of various generations of vehicles can be quite different from one another.  I look at how a torque strap can be fabricated as a bolt-on set-up because it can be difficult if not impossible to get a drill motor in the tight confines of the frame and engine compartment.  I think a design is possible, but it will take more R&D to iron it out.

Pyro_Monkey
Bionic Junior

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »

Yea I was one those "interested" ones just I got to looking at it went to drawing board and seen it needs to bolt up higher cause no matter the chain tension the engine still shook eventually I think will egg out the hole in frame cause not enough leverage to hold engine due to frame height. then again I was thinking of tie onto something higher up on engine block might help.

THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN'T BE SOLVED BY THE USE OF HIGH EXPLOSIVES
B1llyw
Site Founder
Bionic Wh0re!

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 09:16:05 AM »

ANOTHER classic thread!

Bill White - 2017 Ram 1500, 2017 Jeep Compass (new body style), 2017 Challenger SXT Super Trak Pak
Bionicdodge.Com
Advertisement
Thanks to the following sponsor

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
Bionicdodge.Com  |  Bionic Tech  |  3.9/5.2/5.9 (Moderators: Lynn, 98Dak408)  |  Topic: Engine Torque Strap « previous next »
Jump to: